Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   New front tire (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/new-front-tire-40283/)

RockabillSlapMatt 05-18-2013 09:39 PM

New front tire

After taking my wheel to cyclegear to get my new tire mounted, I went for a ride and notice around 35-45mph and when deceleration my front end bounces up and down noticeably. It is quite annoying. Did they balance the tire wrong? With my previous tire I had no such issue

Savage 05-18-2013 10:45 PM

Did they balance it at all? Go back and have'm fix it.

durielk 05-19-2013 12:05 AM

A lot of moto shops do not balance dirt knobbies, but the little kawa needs to have balance wheels as it will go over 50mph and has weak springs.

RockabillSlapMatt 05-19-2013 12:33 AM

I have the SF and its a 90/10 tire. They did balance it, went back had them rebalance, the bead of sealed, it all looks good, tire doesn't have any cupping. Still around 35-45mph if I lean back and straighten my arms the effect is multiplied and it feels like the front wheel is driving over speed bumps. :confused:

Savage 05-19-2013 01:49 AM

I had some Chen Shings that shook like crazy even after I balanced them twice. They were just junk tires.

RockabillSlapMatt 05-19-2013 02:09 AM

shrug. perhaps it's just how the front avon distanzia is. maybe I just got a **** tire. oh well.

DYNOBOB 05-19-2013 03:26 AM

If you bought the tire from them then they should replace the tire. If you bought it mail order then you either live with it or pay them to swap tires.

You could take the wheel to a different shop and get the balance checked.

You could buy a $30 Harbor Freight balancer and check it yourself.

If the shop that mounted it sells tires ask if they would mount a tire if you purchased from them.

Depends how bad it is I guess.

ShadetreeAZ 05-19-2013 03:52 AM

I replaced the front & rear on my '12 250s @ around 3600 miles, no balance. I've had it up to 75mph with no issues. Put on IRC's with new tubes and no rim locks. I've got about 2000 miles on them with no problems.
Have you got slime or ? in the tube? Rim locks? Hope you get it figured out, sucks to pay for a new tire & install and end up with a problem.
BTW: Next time try changing it out yourself, it's really not that difficult and you will safe some $$. If I can do it, you can too!

RockabillSlapMatt 05-19-2013 03:56 AM

Yeah I will do that next time. i know the balance is right, the guy broke some rules and took me to the back and had me watch the tire. It was straight and true :( I'll just live with it.

Maybe I can't put the wheel on right. Line it all up, torque the axle nut, tighten the clamps snug, take off the stand, pump the forks to seat the axle, torque the clamps and ride?

250sf09 05-19-2013 01:19 PM

I put the shinko 244 tires on my bike and I too have the same bouncing feel around 35-45, I don't think there's much to do about it, I did a static balance on the front wheel and it ended up taking 1.25 oz to balance it out but still bounces at that speed. I was told that the heavier tire makes it do that and when it reaches that speed it matches the frequency of the shocks and that is what causes it. That is why it goes away at higher speeds.