Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Mikuni TM33 (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/mikuni-tm33-10297/)

vfrpilot 03-12-2007 05:00 PM

Mikuni TM33

If anyone is interested in upgrading carbs with the TM33 and having Bill Blue perform his magic on it, I have one that I'd like to sell.
I got this for my wife's Yamaha but after I got it, I have discovered that it will be too much trouble to adapt and install. So I have a brand new carburetor for sale.
I gave $263.40 from Ron Ayers and if someone here wants it I will take $245.00 including shipping. If you would like for me to send it directly to Bill, I can do that too.
pm me or email me foremost@wireless111.com

YYY.GUY 03-12-2007 05:38 PM

RE: Mikuni TM33

Hey Gary, I just sent you an e-mail.

Mike

vfrpilot 03-12-2007 06:26 PM

Got it!
I'll ship it out this afternoon!

JB1 03-12-2007 07:26 PM

dang that was quick :D

btw...what does Bill charge to do the work?

03-12-2007 07:53 PM

he charges $75 to mod the carb. you can either send him one or buy one off him. it's like $320 total (carb and mods, he also mods the throttle hookup) if you let him buy one which is cheaper than buying from ronayers.com. the way i look at it letting him do the whole shabang saves shippingmoney from ronayers.com and to him. i've been in touch with him lately discussing this so my info is up to date. i'm probably selling the bike though.

YYY.GUY 03-12-2007 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: JB1
dang that was quick
Just a case of being at the right place at the right time, I guess.

I was already I touch with Bill last December about doing the Mikuni upgrade sometime this Spring, so it was a no-brainer.

JB1 03-12-2007 08:57 PM

I have read all the great reviews on his work, sounds like a good deal.

Team FTB 03-12-2007 09:37 PM

I just got my TMM33 back from Bill a couple of days ago. Another thumbs up for him.

mooredan 03-13-2007 10:27 PM

I got my carb back from Bill last week. Installed it on the bike but I'm having some issues with getting it tuned just right. (This isn't a slam on Bill's work at all, there's no way he could completely set up a carb perfectly every time because of the dependencies upon intake/exhaust mods and environment).

So I'm looking for some guidance on getting it set up right. Here's a repost from what I posted over on Thumper Talk:

Here's my setup/environment:

Muzzy full exhaust system w/ quiet core and spark arrestor screen installed.
Airbox lid off
K&N filter
backfire screen removed
smog stuff removed and capped
crankcase vent goes to a breather filter (airbox port capped)
elevation: 5000'

Initial settings:
Main jet: #125
fuel/air screw: 1.5 turns out
needle: 3rd clip from top
pilot jet: #37.5

Idles good and responses very well to throttle.
Upon riding it, midrange throttle is stuttering and WOT drops out (no power)

Thanks for any help.

vfrpilot 03-13-2007 11:06 PM

Good God, get a main jet for that thing.
I'm riding at 600asl, have BG exhaust and dual snorkles on the airbox. I started out with a 130 and worked my way up to a 135 untill the pulsating stopped at WOT.
Marty was running with no airbox lid and I believe he had a 137.5 in his. He is about at sea level.
With your lid off and no backfire screen I would guess that you would still be somewhere in the 135 range at your altitude.
Thats just a guess on my part but I'm thinking that its starving for fuel at higher rpm.