Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Marvelous ride today (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/marvelous-ride-today-13174/)

vtgreen 06-23-2007 06:14 PM

Marvelous ride today

3 Attachment(s)
About 40 miles round trip, 50/50 paved/dirt.A perfect day for riding, sunny, 70 degrees, gorgeous viewseverywhere. I only stopped once tosnap a fewpics. Probably should have stopped more, but the riding was so much fun, who wants to stop? The only thing that was a little sketchy was a couple stretches of paved road where I had to take it up to 50 mph or so. There was a pretty strong crosswind (maybe 15-20 mph) that wasn't that fun.

The place I stopped at was a little turn off by a field with all kinds of single track running through it. I need to investigate if it's okay toride out there or not. There were no signs saying no motorized vehicles or anything and there was no one else around, but I figured why risk it. Anyway, here's afew pics of the bike.

Attachment 31235

The little kiosk there is a map of all the trails running through the field
Attachment 31236

Attachment 31237

I also plotted the route on google maps for future reference.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...;z=12&om=1

Good times!

2k1w=no$ 06-23-2007 07:04 PM

RE: Marvelous ride today

Brian where in Vermont are you? My wife has family in upstate NY. We will probably be visiting in late summer early fall and I am going to try and bring the klx. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some people for a ride. They are located right across the lake from Burlington. Pics look great. It is beautiful country up there, sad to say but I have never made it through vermont in the spring/summer/fall seasons but have gone snowboarding from top to bottom of the state through the winter months.

bryantjt 06-23-2007 08:58 PM

Jeff, I know you didn't ask me but if they are across from Burlington.......would that by any chance be in or near Plattsburgh? If so thats less than 2 hrs from my place. I just took a 50 mile ride through the 19,000 acre state forest near me. Its all of 4 miles from my doorstep.:D

2k1w=no$ 06-23-2007 09:49 PM

Yeah, I used to work in plattsburgh. They live a little south of there. Exit 34 off of I-87. When the time comes I will make a post and see who is where, and who wants to ride. Where are you exactly?

vtgreen 06-24-2007 12:55 AM

I'm in Burlington. If they are directly across from Burlington are they near Port Kent/Au Sable area? It's a bit of a haul, but if you take the ferry it isn't that bad. Definitely post when you are coming. Fall is beautiful up here.

And if you come up in thewinter to go riding (snowboards) I'm even more down with that!

bryantjt 06-24-2007 01:15 AM

I'm in the Winthrop area, zip 13697. My ex went to Plattsburgh state and its 80 miles from my place to campus.

2k1w=no$ 06-24-2007 01:52 PM

Brian, yes they are between Keeseville and Ausable forks on rt. 9n. If you are into paintball my father in law runs Tiger Stripe Paintball from there. I have taken the ferry quite a few times to burlington, your right though if you have to take the bridge it is a haul.

cmon6969 06-24-2007 03:06 PM

I live in mass I ride up to brattlebural about once a mouth for a ride

vtgreen 06-24-2007 10:32 PM

Cool man, where do you ride in Brattleboro and how far is it for you? Do you ride the bike, or trailer it?

I did 80 miles today (40 miles out, lunch at Smuggler's Notch, then 40 miles back) and I think that's about all my a$$ could handle in one stint. One of my goals is to find an all (or mostly) dirt routeto ride the length of Vermont fromMass. to the Canadian border, sort of a LongTrail for dual sport bikes.

2k1w=no$ 06-25-2007 12:53 AM

Brian there are snowmobile trails that span from bottom to top of vermont. I can't tell you exactly where but they are there. Best bet is to hit some of the local snowmobile dealers and ask where the trails are. If they are legal for registered snowmobiles then I don't see why not for a dualsport. Trails would probably be in very nice condition also.