Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   KLX fog light mounts (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/klx-fog-light-mounts-43432/)

KLX25O 10-02-2015 01:39 AM

KLX fog light mounts

has anyone any photos of how they mounted there fog lights?

does anyone know what size the fork/tube is on the klx250s? 28mm?

I have seen some fork mounts for lights, but do not know the size offhand.

has anyone mounted a set of lights on the bar that goes in between the handlebars?

very limited options it seems on where to mount the fog light and having it not blocked by something on the motorcycle. it wouldn't do any good to have a fog light and half of the light be blocked by the plastics etc.

if anyone has any ideas or good photos of where they mounted there fog lights please share!

I will soon have photos maybe a video of Lifetime LEDs, LED H4 replacement of a 70 watt LED bulb in the KLX.

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/le...orcycle_lights

the bulb seems expensive, but I have seen one of these on another bike and its much brighter than HIDs and H4 bulbs.

the thing I like about LEDs is unlike HIDs they don't give off that blue color, instead they give the color of stock bulbs but way brighter and clearer on the road.

and on the video they have on life time leds website they have the LED light submerged in water, and nothing happens. so they seem legit, and water proof.

plus they have a lifetime guarantee

ednerd 10-06-2015 10:02 PM

$125 does seem pricey. I got a H4 LED Headlight replacement from advmonster for $60 and it's super bright. It looks like they are only $40 now. (H4 LED Headlight - ADVmonster)

I also mounted their spotlight (Model 30 LED off road Spot light - ADVmonster) and floodlight (Model 60 LED off road flood light - ADVmonster) to my forks using 42mm-55mm fork clamps (Fork Clamp Mount Pair - ADVmonster)

KLX25O 10-06-2015 10:12 PM

fog lights

Originally Posted by ednerd (Post 524861)
$125 does seem pricey. I got a H4 LED Headlight replacement from advmonster for $60 and it's super bright. It looks like they are only $40 now. (H4 LED Headlight - ADVmonster)

I also mounted their spotlight (Model 30 LED off road Spot light - ADVmonster) and floodlight (Model 60 LED off road flood light - ADVmonster) to my forks using 42mm-55mm fork clamps (Fork Clamp Mount Pair - ADVmonster)

Do you have any photos of your setup?

ednerd 10-07-2015 09:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some pics.

pwjm 10-08-2015 12:06 AM

Pictures taken in Australia?

KLX25O 10-08-2015 12:14 AM

Iphone

Originally Posted by pwjm (Post 524880)
Pictures taken in Australia?

The pictures look upside down in the thread but when I surf and click to enlarge them on my iPhone the photos show up right side up.

KLX25O 10-08-2015 12:15 AM

Thanks

Originally Posted by ednerd (Post 524876)
Some pics.

Thanks this is the only bike I have seen with a setup like this, just what I was looking for,

MaximusPrime 10-08-2015 02:37 AM

I have an LED light bar, but it's not much good in fog because it's above my headlight.
A lower light source is good, in those situations.
I'm curious...
Do the fork guards slide past the clamps?
I use full compression of the suspension often enough that I didn't think it wise to go lower on the fork legs.
I had some small lights attached to the fork pinch bolts on the lower triples, but they were not LED and killed my battery if left on while running. All LED options I found were to big to put in the same place(with ease).

Jct842 10-08-2015 03:53 AM

I recently bought a pack of 4 lights 18 watt each using 6 leds. A little over 1000lm and cost was around $9 each. I put 1 on each lower fork clamp where the reflector is mounted and moved it to a hole drilled in the lower tank plastic. Between the opt7 headlight led bulb and those I am super happy riding at night. The oem headlight was like an old fasioned flash light with bad batteries. (KLX250s 09) john