I'm still Green at heart ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 04:33 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default I'm still Green at heart ...

But I now own an orange bike ...

One thing I will say ... EPA sucks. Even these bikes are stopped up like you wouldn't believe. It's a wheezing, coughing, sputtering, sorry excuse for a 450. So just like the KLX, it needs some immediate medical attention.

The good news is that the exhaust is actually very high quality, but it just has a "restrictor" that is very easy to cut off - just remove the tail cap and cut it off:

And the other thing to do is install the JD Jet kit for this bike and those two mods purport to relieve it of its condition. My jet kit should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

I've only taken a small spin on it as of now, but whew doggies is this thing geared high. It's 1st gear is about like 2nd gear on the KLX. I'd hate to see how 6th feels - must cruise 90 MPH at 4000 RPM. I'll be ordering new sprockets tonight for sure.

Anyway, I haven't left the fold yet - I still have the KLX and it still looks damn good, even next to the KTM.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm still Green at heart ...

well im green with envy Congrats[8D]

Old 03-07-2007, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member

NICE BIKE.... more power than your hopped up klx with a better suspension. how does the weight compare? i've ridden with a couple 450's and 400's and they rip. your gonna love it.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:08 AM

Wow Nobreaks! That was the bike of my dreams. How is the seat height now that you have it at home. I keep sitting on the thing hoping I will grow a little but it just doesn't happen. Bike does look great!

Old 03-07-2007, 05:09 AM
1st Gear Member

You F'n bastard I'm soooooooooo jealous....... make sure you rejet right away and have fun, btw did I say I'm way jealous

Old 03-07-2007, 05:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Dyam.

Is that e start too or kick only? What is the manufacturer's "claimed" weight?

Looks good.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:18 AM
1st Gear Member

E start and kick starter included.....I think dry weight is about 235 lbs bastard

Old 03-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yes, e-start, but the dry weight is 249, I think - I wish it was 235. But somewhere I heard that KTM includes oil and coolant in its dry weight, just no gas. I could be wrong. It feels really light! Seat height is the same as the KLX as best I can tell. Are you sure you are sitting on the same KTM Evildoer? I know the Husky's are tall sumbiches, at least according to their published seat height. But I don't think there's a 1/2 inch of difference between this bike and the KLX. Maybe I just need to set the sag and then it'll be higher.

I'm having a Renazco seat made for it, and after talking to the owner of the shop, he's going to make the seat a bit lower than the stock seat. Apparently he rides a KTM 525EXC which is the exact same bike just larger bore. He said he made his seat a little lower also and knows that works well.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Is the tank plastic or steel?

Old 03-07-2007, 05:31 AM
1st Gear Member

So the question becomes..............which scoot is coming to NJ?

Quick Reply: I'm still Green at heart ...