Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   I Finally got a permanent full time job! (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/i-finally-got-permanent-full-time-job-33797/)

buffalony 09-28-2010 09:59 PM

I Finally got a permanent full time job!

No more contracting, no more temp, no more having to work 2 jobs, no more having to pay rediculous health insurance rates, no more lack of vacation time, no more being motorcyleless(Ya I just made up that word, feel free to use it as you like)!

All I have to do is pay off the credit cards this winter and next spring just before the snow melts, I will be getting me another bike!

Now all I have to do is figure out what. It will most likely be another DS, I am not sure about another KLX or not. Next summer I will have to use it to commute to work and back(60 miles each way, either thruway or 2 lane highway). I am thinking I would like something bigger than a 250/350...

If it is another DS I will end up with both a set of street and dirt wheels.

There is no sense in buying anything now, because I wont be able to ride much and sitting and stairing at it all winter will just drive me nuts.

Man I am FIRED up!

maninthesea 09-28-2010 11:14 PM

Good on ya!

KDXmike 09-28-2010 11:25 PM

Congrats.

A 120 mile round trip is a big commute. Whatever bike you get just make it a dependable one. A DR 400 sounds like something that would be up to the task. That's down the road of course. Glad life has gotten stable for you. I know you'd been looking for work for some time now. Grab yourself a glass of wine and enjoy the moment.

Mike

buffalony 09-29-2010 12:18 AM

Thanks Mike,

DR400 is exactly what I am thinking. A nice cruiser would be perfect for the ride. However, you cant go play in the dirt and mud with a V-Star..

Either way, i will probably end up buying something either brand new or extremely low miles. When I bought my KLX it only had 700 miles on it...

Eventually, I will probably look into relocating closer to work. My kids just started school last month and my wife has another yr of College before she is done with her BA.

punkenduro09 09-29-2010 12:19 AM

DO IT!!

i know the feeling, being unemployed sucks.

dan888 09-29-2010 12:25 AM

Congrats!!! Great to hear good news like that!
Dan

redpillar 09-29-2010 01:37 AM

Good on ya!!

CousinLarry 09-29-2010 01:49 AM

60 miles to work!! I would have stayed unemployed!!!

I just went back too.. Been happily unemployed for 23 months!! That was an awesome vacation, I traveled a LOT, California twice, North Carolina, few weekends in MA and NY... Rode like 3-4 times a week, went fishing about the same..

Life was good.. Then I got a call and got offered a job I couldn't refuse. Started yesterday.. Kinda sucks back to the grind, but the extra cash is nice!

Good luck with the new job.

Blackheart58 09-29-2010 03:36 AM

Consider a KLR650. It's a lump off road, but, with that much on-road riding, it sure would be less dramatic on a bigger bike. I can give you a link to a guy that's riding this bike off road with stock suspension, doing things you'd never imagine a KLR could do! They're cheap, too....

SuperHawk 09-30-2010 05:37 AM

Congrats on the new job!! You might also consider the DR-650, or the KLX-400 if you want another green bike, I know I know it is just a re-skinned DR400 but hey it is an option!!