Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   I don't like it... (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/i-dont-like-46444/)

timc63 05-09-2019 03:16 PM

While I doubt I can take this any more off topic for the KLX board, but I'll risk it :)

Abrams - you struck a chord when you mentioned Ergos on a Versys. What's the issue for you on the 650? I am working the Ergo issue on my 1000 and think I need to either move the bars closer to me or get a different bend that does the same... Holeshot Performance offers a touring bar that claims to do the same but is a 7/8" bar. Hate to give up the 1-1/8" fatbars since Mama Kawi was kind enough to provide them from the factory!

I am considering the ROX 1-3/4" or 2" pivoting riser and bring the bars back (towards me) and up...

Seems the rider triangle is really weird on the V1000, particularly since I have a long torso and hence longer arms.... and still need the bars closer???
TC

Abramsgunner 05-09-2019 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by timc63 (Post 546135)
While I doubt I can take this any more off topic for the KLX board, but I'll risk it :)

Abrams - you struck a chord when you mentioned Ergos on a Versys. What's the issue for you on the 650? I am working the Ergo issue on my 1000 and think I need to either move the bars closer to me or get a different bend that does the same... Holeshot Performance offers a touring bar that claims to do the same but is a 7/8" bar. Hate to give up the 1-1/8" fatbars since Mama Kawi was kind enough to provide them from the factory!

I am considering the ROX 1-3/4" or 2" pivoting riser and bring the bars back (towards me) and up...

Seems the rider triangle is really weird on the V1000, particularly since I have a long torso and hence longer arms.... and still need the bars closer???
TC

I've had the V 10 years now and have tried a bunch of mods to get her just right...

My inseam is 32 inches and the stock V is quite tall. I find it difficult to swing my leg over with hard bags. Speedy's lowering kit fixed that and it's now perfect.

650 has short reach to the pegs, hard on old knees, but peg lowering kit fixed that.

I went through several seats/pads/sheepskin and was never happy with the seating... until I picked up a used Russell Day-long. With the Day-long, I don't even think about the seat anymore.

I have long torso as well... but regular arms I think..lol I put Rox 2" on mine with the idea of standing while jeep trailing the Versys. I then picked up my KLX and ditched the idea of offroading the V. The Russell puts me further away from the bars, but a slight adjustment of the Rox put me back in the zone.

Helmet buffeting was always a problem at speed, until I combined the stock screen, a Givi screen, and a used Laminar Lip I picked up for cheap. It's a Frankenstein setup, but works really well. :eek:

I also added mirror extenders so I can see behind me.

timc63 05-10-2019 12:42 AM

Thanks! I have had good luck with the V-Stream windshield, the stocker was too small for any purpose!

Guess I'll be ordering up a Rox to see if that helps!

TC

timc63 05-21-2019 08:46 PM

For the Versys folks out there, the Rox 1-3/4" pivoting riser works nicely on the V1000. Because it is such a short riser, I will only pivot back so far before hitting the top of the factory bar clamps. In the farthest rearward position, the bars are about one full inch closer to me and raised about 1.5".
I have heard it said, and I can now say it is true, small adjustments in the ergos can make a huge difference in comfort!
This change put a little more bend in my elbows and is hugely more comfortable for my wrists!
My $0.02,
TC