Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   how get a motorcycle license... (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/how-get-motorcycle-license-37423/)

Jan Kania 03-11-2012 04:40 PM

how get a motorcycle license...

Hi,

I have been in US since 2009. i am from NJ. Since 2010 i have Driver license for a car, i didn't need to take a driver test, because i have Driver license from my country. Now i need to do for a motorcycle ( i don't want to have problem with law) , and i don't have any idea how it works? i was i MVC they gave me some book to study, but when i pass a test for a car they gave me the same book to the study. i am little confuse , because i don't know all rules in NJ . what i need to do. i need to study the same book? and pass the same test?

Thanks for help.

LikesToThump 03-11-2012 04:51 PM

In michigan you have to pass a 20Q multiple guess written test... then you can schedule for a physical riding test with a private instructor who is properly licensed to conduct the test for the state of michigan... good luck

Lotrat 03-11-2012 04:56 PM

Everything you need to know can be found here: State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission

1. Study the motorcycle rules.
2. Take a written test.
3. Get a permit.
4. Practice for at least 20 days.
5. Go back and take a road test.
6. Get a motorcycle licence.

Jan Kania 03-11-2012 05:04 PM

So , i need to study just motorcycle rules? means just chapter 11 from the book like 36 pages. and after this the test going to be from this motorcycle manual or all driver manual and chapter 11? and the test has 50 questions? that it is?

IDRIDR 03-11-2012 05:08 PM

I don't know about NJ, but many states also offer riders courses where you are taught and practice riding skills. I rode for over 15 years on the street and "thought I knew it all." Then took the class and realized how many things that I had learned earlier were wrong. The course I took this last fall included the "riders test" listed above. I learned how to do stoppies on the KLX :D

Pogiboy 03-11-2012 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by IDRIDR (Post 465796)
I don't know about NJ, but many states also offer riders courses where you are taught and practice riding skills. I rode for over 15 years on the street and "thought I knew it all." Then took the class and realized how many things that I had learned earlier were wrong. The course I took this last fall included the "riders test" listed above. I learned how to do stoppies on the KLX :D

Nice. I think I'll enroll

ahnh666 03-11-2012 08:13 PM

you'll still need to get a permit/pass the written test....if you take the motorcycle safety class and pass, you can take that and the permit to get your motorcycle license...

Lotrat 03-11-2012 08:46 PM

The nice thing about taking the class is that they will let you take the road test a few times if you mess up but have the skill. You get one shot at the DMV. Blow it, and you have to come back another day.

Brieninsac 03-11-2012 09:21 PM

I'm sure you can find all the answers to your questions on the New Jersey DMV website. You can probably even download the motorcycle license handbook.

Gary2 03-12-2012 02:35 AM

You might take anMSF course which also uncludes the test for your endorsment

then go to the DOL and get your LIc

gary