Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Headlight is worthless at night (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/headlight-worthless-night-20717/)

david681 04-16-2008 02:07 PM

Headlight is worthless at night

Has anyone changed the bulb in their headlight to make it brighter and if so what type of bulb?

WestOzKLX 04-16-2008 02:19 PM

RE: Headlight is worthless at night

Yup. Changed mine for a Austablue H4, but kept it the 60/55 rating.
Gives that super bright blue/white light all the rev-heads have in their Honda civics.
I'm sure you could upgrade to an 80/55 H4. As I know there is extra capacity in the charge coil.
Not sure of the exact figures.
Didn't bother as the different colour light made all the difference.;)

markmeinteil 04-16-2008 03:15 PM

I know, I don't belong in this section.:D But I really liked the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. There is a noticeable difference using them over stock bulbs. Whatever you choose, find a bulb that has a color temperature at or close to 6500k. That is considered the 'white' of white. Your eye sight will thank you.

deej 04-16-2008 03:16 PM

LOL my bike light is brighter than the two lights on my Dodge truck, no complaints here.;)

matt2496 04-16-2008 03:27 PM

Are you stillusing the factorybulb Deej?

deej 04-16-2008 03:32 PM

Yes, I haven't changed anything in there. On high beam (of which I have used 95%of the time) is plenty bright. Maybe I need to look into the Dodge lights to see what's up. ;) Maybe I'm comparing the bike to something that is sub par to begin with.:eek:

bryantjt 04-16-2008 04:03 PM

You may just have a poorly aligned headlight. Unless your dealer has someone that weighs exactly what you do the light won't be aimed correctly. You need a measuring tape and some electrical or any colored tape. I believe you go 20-25 feet away from a wall with the front tire. You have to mark on the wall at a certain height and adjust the light beam to have the brightest point where your tape mark is. Takes all of 10 minutes and its in the owner's manual. I can get the dimensions later as I'm at the office presently.

FM_Thumper 04-16-2008 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: deej
Maybe I need to look into the Dodge lights to see what's up. ;) Maybe I'm comparing the bike to something that is sub par to begin with.:eek:
Jeez ya think?;)

deej 04-16-2008 05:32 PM

You meant my lights not the Dodge truck right?[8D] Hey I'm sending you a pm about the meeting last night. ;)

The frog 04-16-2008 05:55 PM

I realigned the headlight on mine and it made a big difference (still got the stock one).