FMF Q4 for 2007 KLX

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member
Default FMF Q4 for 2007 KLX

I'm debating over just doing the stage 1 rejet (which I assume is stock can/header) or adding a fairly quiet aftermarket silencer only.

My research says the Q4 is significantly quieter than the 2bros - which unfortunately looks better. But, I like quiet...

In looking for a Q4 it seems they offer one for a 2006 and then jump up to the 09-12 models.

Do the 06-08 models use the same silencer or is there no Q4 available for 07/08 models?

Also, does anybody have a nice used Q4 they'd like to sell?

TIA

Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep, 06's and 07's are identical. The 06 is the one you want.

There wasn't an 08 model year.

You probably aren't going to find a Q4 for sale, they are pretty popular and one of the first mods.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Bigsky - that was my guess. Thought I'd give it a shot though. Hopefully, some guy will buy a bike with a Q4 already on it but want the louder 2bros and need to sell the Q4.

I'll give it a few more days.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Hang in there. Lots of people return their bikes to "stock" before selling them. That leaves aftermarket parts for sale at decent prices...

Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks rgoers. Thats true. I can wait. I might try just the free mods and a rejet before I buy a new silencer.

I see you're fron northern Utah. I used to live in Ogden, then in Eden in the Ogden valley. That was back in the late 80's to mid nineties. I'll bet the place has changed a lot with the olympics come and gone.

Thanks again

Old 05-14-2012, 05:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by djchan
Thanks rgoers. Thats true. I can wait. I might try just the free mods and a rejet before I buy a new silencer.

I see you're fron northern Utah. I used to live in Ogden, then in Eden in the Ogden valley. That was back in the late 80's to mid nineties. I'll bet the place has changed a lot with the olympics come and gone.

Thanks again
That's very cool! I'm in the Layton area, but I spend lots of time out towards Eden, Huntsville, Monte Cristo, Hardware Ranch, Logan, etc. I've done more snowmobiling out there than bike riding (so far). Still quite open out that way, but from what I have been told; Layton would have been mostly "farm land" when you lived here. Now, they're stuffing 4-5 houses on an acre of land. I’ve seen 4000+ sf houses on .19 acres. Very tight for what I was used to - coming from Western NY. I had an acre there, and I had one of the tiny lots in my neighborhood. The guy across the street from me had 65 acres.

The Salt Lake valley is pretty densely populated from SLC, all the way north to Willard Bay now. I’ve been looking for at least an acre, and you’ve got to go pretty far north or west to find *any* open land. You probably wouldn't recognize it here anymore...

BTW - look around the forum some. I'm pretty sure I saw someone selling a Q4 recently.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Forgot to mention - I felt a LOT more increase after jetting than I did when I put my pipe on. I'm toying with returning to the stock pipe... seriously.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks again for the info. Yeah, I'm pretty undecided on the can - that's why I'm really only looking for a cheaper used silencer right now. The deal would have to be pretty sweet. I have time to try the rejet aftermarket filter and free/cheap mods. If i wanted a lot of power I would have kept the KTM.

The coincidences abound here. I lived in Auburn, NY for 3.5 years and Cheektowaga for another. Small world, eh?

When I lived in Eden I might be stopped on the road while a herd of sheep crossed the road. Roy and Layton were pretty open at that time. Time, she keeps on movin.

Thanks again

Old 05-16-2012, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I was born and raised, and spent almost 50 years around the Rochester area. I grew up in Webster, and stayed pretty much on the east side of Rochester - Webster, Macedon, Farmington (Finger Lakes area). I've been to Auburn and Cheektowaga.

I worked at Kodak for a few years, then Xerox for some 20+ years. Never dreamed I'd end up in Utah... Seriously hoping this is our last cross-country move!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:08 PM

Everyone who installs a new exhaust , talking about power benefits. My question is; sound = vibration, so do you feel any increase on vibration that you feel on handlebar?

Quick Reply: FMF Q4 for 2007 KLX