fmf header/muffler 09 klx250s poor fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Default fmf header/muffler 09 klx250s poor fit

I just purchased a fmf q4 and power (yet to be seen) bomb header for my 09 klx 250s and am having a disappointing experience. Header fit ok but muffler brackets didnt line up, also had to bend passenger foot peg guard for clearance, and upon initial warm up melted a small hole in clean air side of airbox. cycle city insist they sold me the correct parts. so far no response from fmf. has anybody else had problems with thier products. installion was by the book. Even had to files holes out to get bolt holes to line up. HELP

Old 01-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

moved!

Old 01-28-2009, 02:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Bobby, I have no idea what hoedogg is trying to tell you but I just ordered the same thing from powersports in texas and I hope I don't experience the same thing.

Earl

Old 01-28-2009, 02:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by eproetz
Bobby, I have no idea what hoedogg is trying to tell you but I just ordered the same thing from powersports in texas and I hope I don't experience the same thing.

Earl

Hoedoggy was just saying that he moved this thread in the appropriate place for the question,,,

Both you U Welcome to KF, Im sorry your having poor fitment issues, Im currently havent yet did my pipe yet but surely someone will be able to help you guys out quickly

Old 01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

AH the powerbomb again Welcome to KF guys! Hang in there help is on the way. I did the notorious p-bomb on an 07 and there was a little tweeking involved but not to the level your looking at. lots of good guys will help you out, count on it!!

Old 01-28-2009, 03:41 PM
1st Gear Member

FMF Exhaust issues? Hmm...

After my recent experience with them, I decided to send them the following letter:

I'm writing today to take this opportunity to thank you. Thank you to the Sales Department for not acknowledging the email I sent to your company regarding my recent disappointing transaction. Thank you to the Return Management Authorization Department for the canned response by Humberto. Thank you to the Technical Support Department for not acknowledging the email I sent to your company after my recent transaction. In short, thank you to ALL the contacts at FMF I emailed who blew me off.

I sent the same email to every, single point of contact at your company I could think of. I did so to ensure it would definitely reach "someone" who would acknowledge receipt of it and look into the issue I experienced.

I did not ask for a refund. I did not bad-mouth your company or your product. My email to your company was clear, concise, and politely worded. I simply listed the problems I had with my recent purchse and what I had to do to work around them, and I asked someone to research why I received a product in the shape mine arrived in, and to respond to me letting me know what has been done to correct the issue so my fellow riders don't get the shaft. Yet, NONE of you can even deign to respond with a reason...

Your stunning lack of customer service skills is matched only by your completely peerless lack of execution, as evidenced by the craptacularly-made, piece of **** header I received.

Honestly; How hard is it to bend a pipe, anyway? I mean, they DO make machines that do this for you, so I find it hard to comprehend how the unit I received was such a complete, steaming pile of dog turds. Do you employ illegal immigrants who lack the reading comprehension to understand instructions that say, "Insert Pipe, then press button."?

While we're on the subject of metal-working, let me take this time say I'm sincerely sorry to hear that your person running the pipe expander died in the process of making my header pipe. I'm sure it was unexpected because it seems you shipped my header to me without actually COMPLETING the process of expanding it so that my muffler would fit! W-T-F?!?!?!

I had to cut relief notches in my silencer's pipe so that the pipe would compress enough to slip into the ****-tacular FMF header you sent.

Now let's get back to the original email I sent concerning the header...

The header I received looks as if it was made by a 12 year old with Down's Syndrome, using stone tools and a $3 JC Whitney welder, however, I now understand the pricing of the header, though.

I mean, it must cost a buttload of money to rent the short bus you use to pick up your employees. And then there's the gas milage of those things, which is a total bitch, right? Then you have nap time, time off for taking their medications, diaper changes, and all that assorted crap which shortens their work day...

I also now understand why the power bomb header has a section that is larger in diameter than the rest of the header pipe. It's because you can't stuff that much extra "****-tastic" into a normal-sized product, isn't it? You had to expand a section...I mean, based on the example of a header pipe I received, anyway...

In summary, Kiss the snotty end of my ****-stick. Thanks a lot, ********.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I had the same problem with my Q4,I had to make a bracket so I could make the 2 attachments fit. Not good advertizing for fmf. The air box deal sucks,I think you can fix that from outside of the airbox. Good luck ..........Bob B

Old 01-28-2009, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Well said Mandark. I would think a response would be forthcomming! At the same time though that was some funny s#%t right there!!!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 04:09 PM
1st Gear Member

. . . . and they STILL didn't respond? WTF? The Big Gun EVO-R silencer and header pipe that I installed on my '06 KLX250 both fit perfectly. I had been considering the FMF units. . . . glad I went with BG!

Old 01-28-2009, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Call them @ 310-631-4363 or fax 310-900-5699

Quick Reply: fmf header/muffler 09 klx250s poor fit