Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Does anyone elses kickstand get absolutlely thrashed on rocks? (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/does-anyone-elses-kickstand-get-absolutlely-thrashed-rocks-31182/)

cjcrashesalot 12-23-2009 12:08 AM

Does anyone elses kickstand get absolutlely thrashed on rocks?

Hi all,

Because I can't ride around here during winter, I've been doing too much bike thinking.

Anyways, I've noticed on rockier trails my kickstand gets completely thrashed. Mostly due to how low and far out it sits in the up position. No other part of the bike suffers the same abuse, so I don't think it is entirely my fault. Does anyone else have this issue? Has anyone removed the stocker and thrown on an aftermarket one that mounts higher up?

lcpl0331 12-23-2009 01:20 AM

I had that problem until I ground down the stopper some. There's a thread in here somewhere with pic's if you can find it.

neilaction 12-23-2009 01:55 AM

Mine got so banged about the spring fell off.:eek:
Was scooting along on a rocky trail when i heard a clanging and a rattling.
Looked down and the side stand was bouncing along the ground.
Never did find the spring so I don't know if it broke or just got levered off.
It's a very strong spring so maybe it fatigued and broke. :D

dan888 12-23-2009 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by lcpl0331 (Post 404685)
I had that problem until I ground down the stopper some. There's a thread in here somewhere with pic's if you can find it.

+1 you can raise it up pretty good by grinding away at the stop.

deej 12-23-2009 02:50 PM

Yea most trail bikes have the kickstand that comes waaaay up at a different angle. :(

cjcrashesalot 12-23-2009 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by lcpl0331 (Post 404685)

That's a great idea, I'll have to do it next time I get the bike out of storage:

Yea most trail bikes have the kickstand that comes waaaay up at a different angle.
Yea, my buddy's crf250x has a kickstand that comes up to about a 45 degree angle. Way better

ol guy 12-23-2009 10:10 PM

Most of the rocks I ride in you can go over or around so its not a problem. You must ride in boulders!

punkenduro09 12-23-2009 11:09 PM

ive never had a problem, and i ride some crasy stuff some times.

lcpl0331 12-24-2009 01:20 AM

be carefull grinding down the stopper. When I did mine I had to cut the nub off the kickstand and weld it further down so that the spring would have enough tension on it to actually stay on. Couldn't find a shorter spring that day.

jsac 12-24-2009 01:28 AM

mine is mangled.. the small tab that presses the clutch safety switch is MIA (one way to deal with that switch i guess). the stand itself is a little bent i think as the bike leans at a degree that tends to make me nervous of walking away from it once its leaning on it. at the Ride For Diane i parked in a field next to some big money bikes. you should have seen the look on the guys face i parked next to. he looked at the angle of my bike and his eyes got big. :p