Discount Kawasaki OEM parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Default Discount Kawasaki OEM parts

Can anyone recommend an online source for OEM Kawasaki parts at discount? Thanks.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Default RE: Discount Kawasaki OEM parts

I've ordered from Worldofpowersports.com and they had very good prices. I've heard RonAyers.com is pretty good also, but I have no personal experience with them.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default How about the dealership you bought the bike from?

I asked the parts guy at my Kawasaki dealership if I get a discount on my parts and accessory since I bought a bike; and to my surprise he said sure why not, 15% off on everything I buy there.
Hehehe, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask huh?

Old 07-28-2006, 03:31 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'll second RonAyers.com. I don't know how discounted their prices are - they get their parts from Kawasaki themselves of course, but they are generally cheaper than Bike Bandit for the items I've compared. I will say that they have been ultra-reliable for me. Typically it takes them 3 to 4 days to get the parts from Kawi, and since they are just a few hours down the road from me I get the parts the next day after that for ground shipping which makes the total turn-around usually inside of a week. I've ordered quite a few things from them with no problems. I get the impression they don't stock many OEM parts, though - they order them on demand. So the only time I've had to wait longer is when the part is back-ordered from Kawi. But even then they let me know by e-mail and shipped the other items in my order right away.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I believe it was Ron Ayers that I was going to order the carb parts from and when I got to the checkout it showed the estimated delivery date and I took my business elsewhere. 1 week just to process the order and then another 5-7 days for it to ship. I took my business to a small shop 15 minutes away and had them the next week, ordered on a Tues. got them the following Thurs. because it was ordered direct from Kawi so it came from overseas. If you were to figure in the shipping cost from RA compared to picking it up locally I paid about $12 more but had them a week earlier.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Brian, does Ron Ayers have a good website? Thanks.[8D]

Old 07-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

It's OK, I have no complaints with it: http://www.ronayers.com

I bought the parts for my 300cc kit from them, as well as parts for my electrical problems, and a number of other items. It's especially easy to use if you know the Kawasaki part numbers - just cut and paste them into the "Part Number Search" field on the upper left of their main page. Then click "add to cart" and repeat until you have everything.

Some day when I'm reaaaaally bored, I want to enter every part for our KLX from the Kawi parts diagrams and see how much it would cost to build our bike from spare parts. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of $250,000.

I've also bought parts from http:://www.BikeBandit.com with no problems either. I've just found that Ron Ayers is a little cheaper. For example, the parts from Bike Bandit for the 300cc kit run around $550 or so where from Ron Ayers they were $460 something. Also, due to my proximity to Ron Ayers, ground shipping is equivalent to overnight, so I get things a few days faster without having to pay extra.