Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   coolant reservoir bottle (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/coolant-reservoir-bottle-41095/)

kennysupermoto 10-11-2013 06:33 PM

coolant reservoir bottle

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all i need a coolant reservoir bottle any in sale?
Attachment 35740

MaximusPrime 10-11-2013 10:51 PM

For what it's worth, I've been running without mine all summer. Ran the bike pretty hard on some crazy, slow off-road climbs and never lost a drop of coolant without it.

I'd offer mine but it didn't want to come off, thanks to the brass nut pressed into the tank...I ended up spinning the nut in the plastic until it heated up enough to be pulled through the plastic.

Rooster 10-11-2013 11:26 PM

Got a spare in my garage you can have. IDK where you are, but I doubt it would be worth the drive to come get it. :rolleyes:

kennysupermoto 10-12-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 502312)
Got a spare in my garage you can have. IDK where you are, but I doubt it would be worth the drive to come get it. :rolleyes:

Hey can you ship it pls I can pay you. I really need it I ride in heavy traffice at times only 1st and 2gear. I'm from sri lanka

kennysupermoto 10-12-2013 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime (Post 502310)
For what it's worth, I've been running without mine all summer. Ran the bike pretty hard on some crazy, slow off-road climbs and never lost a drop of coolant without it.

I'd offer mine but it didn't want to come off, thanks to the brass nut pressed into the tank...I ended up spinning the nut in the plastic until it heated up enough to be pulled through the plastic.

Do you still have it?

MaximusPrime 10-12-2013 12:59 PM

I don't think so, I'll check.
Sri Lanka is pretty damn hot, I guess you do want to have it on the bike.
There are other options - like using a small bottle with appropriate hoses attached.
Something like this...
Coolant Recovery Tank | Motion Pro

kennysupermoto 10-12-2013 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime (Post 502322)
I don't think so, I'll check.
Sri Lanka is pretty damn hot, I guess you do want to have it on the bike.
There are other options - like using a small bottle with appropriate hoses attached.
Something like this...
Coolant Recovery Tank | Motion Pro

Yah i did check them but makes the bike look really ugly!
i need the white Reservoir if you find it please let me know

MaximusPrime 10-12-2013 10:02 PM

I found it, it is useable(the brass nut was on the bike, not the tank), but shipping would be at least $80 US dollars, maybe more. I just did a quick internet check, so the price might actually be a lot more.
You must be able to get one cheaper from Asia. Just saying.
Maybe Joel from Thailand can help? I know he has said parts are ridiculously cheap for him. And he's not half a world away, so shipping might actually be reasonable.
For now keep an eye on the coolant level, which I guess goes without saying.

JoelThailand 10-13-2013 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime (Post 502331)
I found it, it is useable(the brass nut was on the bike, not the tank), but shipping would be at least $80 US dollars, maybe more. I just did a quick internet check, so the price might actually be a lot more.
You must be able to get one cheaper from Asia. Just saying.
Maybe Joel from Thailand can help? I know he has said parts are ridiculously cheap for him. And he's not half a world away, so shipping might actually be reasonable.
For now keep an eye on the coolant level, which I guess goes without saying.

Hey MaximusPrime, will you will be nominating me for a Nobel forum prize as well? lol :rolleyes:

Ok Kenny, I am going to Kawasaki next week for some other bits! I will see if they have one in stock & yes the shipping to Sri Lanka will be very reasonable. I will let you know whats happening & a price including shipping next week, I will pm you a paypal money request when the time comes. Honestly I don't mind for this little item during low season here in Thailand but in high season I have no time for anything, including tinkering on my own bike! :cool:

Ps. I don't understand how how all you guys in India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Indonesia etc etc etc are getting these KLX EFi bikes but not able to get spare parts from the Kawasaki dealer that sold the bikes in the first place?? The EFi bikes that go to Australia & the whole of Europe get spares parts, even if they are expensive compared to Thailand! Just saying.

kennysupermoto 10-13-2013 05:56 AM

[QUOTE=Ok Kenny, I am going to Kawasaki next week for some other bits! I will see if they have one in stock & yes the shipping to Sri Lanka will be very reasonable. I will let you know whats happening & a price including shipping next week, I will pm you a paypal money reque when the time comes. Honestly I don't mind for this little item during low season here in Thailand but in high season I have no time for anything, including tinkering on my own bike! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot! Well my bike is not efi klx250s 2006. we get bikes here eg; wr250, ducati, DRZ400 many we dont get them from dealers we dont have and delaers here. Eg if you know how to fix a bike then you will ship a used bike here then you fix it and sell it. lol we have dealers only for Indian bikes. Pls pm me if you find one