Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   clicking the rear suspension (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/clicking-rear-suspension-24103/)

gybofix 08-30-2008 03:21 PM

clicking the rear suspension

anyone play around with the rear shock clickers? i have 07 klx250s put 48 teeth on the rear sprocket.i weigh 200 and my clickers are set to factory i wish it would squat a little more on acceleration where do i go? i stiffened the front 4 clicks and i like that but i don't know which clicker to soften the rear. i don't want to bottom out.

gerrynolan 08-30-2008 07:24 PM

The clickers won't lower the rear end. You just need to adjust Sag. just search for "adjust Sag" & a wealth of info will come up.

gybofix 08-31-2008 12:23 AM

my sag is perfect. i just want the bike to squat more on acceleration

gerrynolan 08-31-2008 02:42 AM

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. The clicker on the gas reservoir of the rear shock is the one you want. The one on the lower end of the shock is for rebound. I actually tightened mine to help land better off high jumps. Unfortunately, If you adjust it to Squat more under acceleration, It will also be more prone to bottom out.

WestOzKLX 08-31-2008 03:53 AM

^ He's correct. :D

neilaction 08-31-2008 04:44 AM

Don't rule out reducing preload to get more squat on acceleration.

gerrynolan 08-31-2008 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by neilaction (Post 322309)
Don't rule out reducing preload to get more squat on acceleration.

Very true! Raw horsepower helps too. I guess a combination of decreasing the preload and increasing the Damping compression may get the desired result. Sounds like it's time to bring along the tools and do some experimenting. I would think though that the rear spring is already a tad soft for Gybo's 200Lb frame(should squat pretty well already, No?)

neilaction 08-31-2008 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by gerrynolan (Post 322311)
Very true! Raw horsepower helps too.

Indeed.

It's worth mentioning that excessive squatting is a waste of energy.

gybofix 09-01-2008 01:39 PM

i put alittle less sag on the rear and set the lower clicker to 9 clicks out, i'm running front forks at 10 clicks out and wow real nice , i guess squat was not what i wanted i thought by seeing all the race bike squatting down the straights it was a good thing. by tightening the rear i am far more stable on straights and turn like i know kinda what i'm doing.. i gotta remember this ain't a worcs bike and i ain't a factory rider lol
Rob

gerrynolan 09-01-2008 04:18 PM

Awesome! The only thing you may want to consider is front end dive while braking. I fixed mine quite a bit by turning the front fork clickers in. It also helps when landing jumps. I believe I am at 6 clicks.

Originally Posted by gybofix (Post 322430)
i put alittle less sag on the rear and set the lower clicker to 9 clicks out, i'm running front forks at 10 clicks out and wow real nice , i guess squat was not what i wanted i thought by seeing all the race bike squatting down the straights it was a good thing. by tightening the rear i am far more stabe on straights and turn like i know kinda what i'm doing.. i gotta remember this ain't a worcs bike and i ain't a factory rider lol
Rob