Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Clarke Gas Tank (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/clarke-gas-tank-10504/)

Bad Bear 03-20-2007 05:30 AM

RE: Clarke Gas Tank

Hey guys does anyone have the web site or where to order a tank ????
Thanks

tremor38 03-20-2007 05:37 AM

It's not available until April, but once it becomes available, you can order directly from clarkemfg.com. Another site is justgastanks.com

ORIGINAL: Bad Bear

Hey guys does anyone have the web site or where to order a tank ????
Thanks

TeamKLX250 03-20-2007 09:55 AM

They answered me quickly, they told me middle of next month

EMS_0525 03-20-2007 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Man, with all the interest that we are showing, Clarke doesn't seem to be too interested in talking to us directly, do they?!?? :eek:
Patrick, was talking with them directly, as soon as he got the bike he was on thier case about making a tank, he has been asking them for like a year.... and its almost finally done....

Bad Bear 03-20-2007 01:48 PM

Yea I looked at those web sites but didn't see anything about a tank for our bike.... I would get one if its a direct bolt on with no mods that is how they should make them.....:)

FM_Thumper 03-20-2007 02:33 PM

Great news. I would definitely be interested!

mmatz 03-20-2007 07:34 PM

x

mmatz 03-20-2007 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: mmatz

My wish for Christmas is to be able to buy a bike specific fuel tank and be able to ride the back country without constantly worring about the amount of fuel remaining for the return trip. I emailed Clarke Manufacturing the following.

Happy Holidays,
I purchased a 2006 KLX250S dual sport this past summer. Living here in S.W. Colorado provides some of the best trail and fire road access imaginable. The biggest drawback to this great bike is the fuel range. It really needs your help with one of the quality tanks that you manufacture. I know of a great bunch of guys (here and abroad) that all own the KLX250S @ www.kawasakiforums.com. Some have added an IMS with minor mods including having to replace the stock radiator fans, move the coil out of the way, and reroute the wiring harness, or the Acerbis tank. Moving some wiring is no big deal but I would like to keep the stock petcock w/ reserve and radiator fans. Aftermarket shrouds shouldn't be a big deal if needed to get a decent fuel capacity. 3 to 3.5 gallons would really help this bike and make it a true dual sport. End of Email.

Who knows, if they get motivated by some forum members who are also interested in a larger capacity, we might provide enough influence. Afterall, look what happened with the USC skid plate.
Thanks again tefer & cwgoff for your efforts in executing this and not just letting it die on the vine.

Happy Holidays to you all.

I haven't heard from them. Still waiting for the proto.

YYY.GUY 03-20-2007 07:44 PM

Man, with all the interest that we are showing, Clarke doesn't seem to be too interested in talking to us directly, do they?!?? :eek:
What I meant is that even though they are responding to individual requests, they're not interested in talking to us as a group (e.g.: group sign-up, volume discount, priority availability, etc.)

Maybe I'll contact them explicitly about formally organizing a group purchaseand see what they say.

YYY.GUY 03-20-2007 11:21 PM

Maybe I'll contact them explicitly about formally organizing a group purchaseand see what they say.
Just sent them an e-mail asking if / how we canorganize a group purchase. Hopefully their response will be more informative than "Itshould be available next month".

Mike