Changing front sprocket

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
loosen front sprocket bolt...loosen the rear wheel bolts...loosen or remove the two fine adjustment bolts...push the rear wheel all the way forward (the chain will prevent the wheel from falling off) and temporarily tighten...you have enough slack in the chain to replace the front sprocket now...
Hey ahnh666, what's up with your bike?

Old 12-18-2013, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member

5 months at the dealership...they wouldn't return my phone call...when i spoke to a person, they said that they were waiting for parts...i started to call around to see if there is a problem getting parts, and i didn't find any problems with getting what was needed....i went to dealership to check on my bike....i was pretty angry when i saw my bike....they had parked it outside in the sun for 5 months....plastics fading...my shorai lithium iron battery was completely drained...they left the fuel on and carburetor was flooded with old fuel...after draining the carb and adding some fresh fuel, the bike barely started....i demanded my bike and the money back...they charged me all kind of charges for nothing..i was so frustrated, i just took the bike and still waiting for refund check...

last weekend...i took apart the carb to clean it out....did an oil change and lubing...it's running fine and strong now...i'm waiting for my refund check before i start bashing the dealership for all the neglect...

Last edited by ahnh666; 12-18-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow, that really sucks! It sounds like you've got even more repairs now. Will the insurance company pay for the additional stuff now?

Old 12-18-2013, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
5 months at the dealership...they wouldn't return my phone call...when i spoke to a person, they said that they were waiting for parts...i started to call around to see if there is a problem getting parts, and i didn't find any problems with getting what was needed....i went to dealership to check on my bike....i was pretty angry when i saw my bike....they had parked it outside in the sun for 5 months....plastics fading...my shorai lithium iron battery was completely drained...they left the fuel on and carburetor was flooded with old fuel...after draining the carb and adding some fresh fuel, the bike barely started....i demanded my bike and the money back...they charged me all kind of charges for nothing..i was so frustrated, i just took the bike and still waiting for refund check...

last weekend...i took apart the carb to clean it out....did an oil change and lubing...it's running fine and strong now...i'm waiting for my refund check before i start bashing the dealership for all the neglect...
Dude I would sue their asses so hard. Oh god that makes me mad!

Old 12-18-2013, 06:56 PM
1st Gear Member

the bike run fine..just minor cosmetic damage that you can't even see unless you look close...the insurance company paid to have everything replaced...engine case and all new gaskets...it was suppose to be a complete engine tear down and rebuild...since insurance was paying for it, i went ahead with it and the dealership said they would do it...

i have a su****ion that the workers didn't want to do such a big job and just kept pushing it off to the side...completely neglecting my bike...

Originally Posted by Brieninsac
Wow, that really sucks! It sounds like you've got even more repairs now. Will the insurance company pay for the additional stuff now?