Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   Bill Blue big bore 351 (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/bill-blue-big-bore-351-a-37857/)

OxDionysus 04-30-2012 12:42 AM

Bill Blue big bore 351

Well I finally got it all installed and running this weekend (with help)...and I must say wow. After I got it jetted properly and fixed a few small issues with my carb...it is a completely new bike! starts up immediately and after a few heat cycles took for a spin around the parking lot and I cant believe it is the same bike. I cant wait to get it out this weekend on some trails!!! :D

I will post come pics when I get all the plastic finished.

Thanks to everyone that helped me and gave me tips!!

kansas-klx 04-30-2012 01:32 AM

The difference is like night and day, ain't it? When the throttle calls for more power it's there...

2007 Green Machine 04-30-2012 02:45 AM

Just got mine installed this weekend as well. Took it for the first ride today and there is a noticable difference. Front end will come up in 1st gear ( 13 tooth front sprocket ) with just the twist of the throttle. More vibration at highway speed then when it was a 250. Also, mine starts right away, but takes almost 4 minutes before I can take it off choke and have it run by itself.

jhoffy22 04-30-2012 04:00 AM

What are you doing with your plastics?

CousinLarry 04-30-2012 12:46 PM

Welcome to the dark side!! :)

It's how the bike should have rolled off the Kawasaki production floor. I was riding on Saturday and met up with a few other KLX'ers. An 07, two 09's, and an 0'12.

I rode the stock 07 and stock 0'12.. HOLY CRAP. How did I deal with that moped-like power?! hahahaaa

ahnh666 04-30-2012 05:27 PM

4 minutes with choke out?...holy...that would drive the neighbors crazy...

Originally Posted by 2007 Green Machine (Post 471709)
Just got mine installed this weekend as well. Took it for the first ride today and there is a noticable difference. Front end will come up in 1st gear ( 13 tooth front sprocket ) with just the twist of the throttle. More vibration at highway speed then when it was a 250. Also, mine starts right away, but takes almost 4 minutes before I can take it off choke and have it run by itself.

EMS_0525 04-30-2012 05:34 PM

4 mins with choke out sounds a little much...... i can take mine off choke off after 10-20 seconds.....

CousinLarry 04-30-2012 06:29 PM

Yeah four mins is a bit excessive.

I use choke for cold start and use it for about twenty seconds. After that I close it, and jump on the bike and ride away. I keep the RPM's under 4k or so for the first few mins to warm it up. Then balls out.

ahnh666 04-30-2012 06:35 PM

only time i need to warm up the bike for a long time is if i'm starting on a downhill on a cold morning....(san francisco hills are steep)....if i don't properly warm up the bike, as it's in gear and rolling down the hill...engine will cut out...:rolleyes:

OxDionysus 04-30-2012 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2007 Green Machine (Post 471709)

4 min seems a bit much...I turn mine off after like 15 secs no prob. I love the way it sounds...feels like a real bike now. :cool:

I can't see there being much of a difference between the years, but my front end cam up in the first three gears just hitting the gas. Caught me a little off guard in third lol. I have to look and see what tooth sprockets I'm using....

plastic goes back on tmrw and the next sunny say I will post pics. I was looking at some new turn signals on ebay, do I have to do anything special to upgrade them to LED?