Anyone Ever Think of Putting a KX 250 Motor in the KLX Frame?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Anyone Ever Think of Putting a KX 250 Motor in the KLX Frame?

Bah! When you're transplanting motors, building a little custom bend into your exhaust header should be nuttin.

Speaking of custom exhausts - I gotta post some pics tonight of the wife's Super sherpa.
Just finished putting in the (custom) supertrapp exhaust and pumper carb last weekend. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

I have thought instead of transplanting the 2 smokemotor into the klx, why not transplant the klx vin onto the 2 smoke. Registration gets run and comes back as a green Kawasaki.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I see it as a waste of a KX & a KLX.[:-]

Old 03-18-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

I have thought instead of transplanting the 2 smokemotor into the klx, why not transplant the klx vin onto the 2 smoke. Registration gets run and comes back as a green Kawasaki.
LOL Now you may be on to something--buy one KLX-S, buy all the KX & KDX's you can find, fill in their VINS with bondo & repaint, then stamp the other side of the head with the KLX-S VIN. Then have a removeable plate you transfer to whatever bike your riding Could have a whole fleet of street legal 250's on one registration & insurance--just dont get caught[:@]

Old 03-18-2008, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KLXer
I see it as a waste of a KX & a KLX.[:-]
That's true, but the kx I was refering to was only the motor, but the klx would no longer be a klx.....no cruising at highway speeds .. etc....but woo hoo it would be fun off-road. lol

No fake stamping the frame of a kx .... I would not do well in jail.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member

not if you look anything like that avatar you wouldnt.... hahahahahahah
i've thought about that before... not going all out extreme with the vins and stuff but just take the plate off put it on another bike for a day... if its green and says kawai i dont think the cops going to really investigate your bike while hes got you pulled over for what ever stupid thing you did... (ie. me riding wheelies thru down town mystic the other day wasnt a good idea, and that wheelie cost me $103) thats like 1/3 of the 300 up grade right there. oops...

Old 03-19-2008, 02:59 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

the exhaust appears to pose a problem..... dude lube that chain, on the kdx.....lol
LOL... True enough. That chain is done! I bought a brand new chain and sprocket set for this season that I've yet to install, along with a rad valve and new jets. You think the chain is bad...maybe I should post some pics of the rear sprocket. YIKES!

Mike

Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KLXer

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

LOL Now you may be on to something--buy one KLX-S, buy all the KX & KDX's you can find, fill in their VINS with bondo & repaint, then stamp the other side of the head with the KLX-S VIN. Then have a removeable plate you transfer to whatever bike your riding Could have a whole fleet of street legal 250's on one registration & insurance--just dont get caught[:@]
Why bother even transfering the VIN?

I mean, ****, all you really have to do is bolt on a lighting kit and a plate onto the KX.

If you get stopped by the cops, they're not going to take down your VIN.

If you've been causing trouble, then i'd imagine they'd only take your license plate number and remember "green motorcycle", so if you ever do have to go to court, you just have to transfer the plate back to your KLX and tell them that's the bike they stopped you on.

Unless they decide to impound the bizatch. Then you're ****ed.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:32 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sinkoman

Why bother even transfering the VIN?

I mean, all you really have to do is bolt on a lighting kit and a plate onto the KX.

The light kit will pose a problem with the KX engine, since itdoesn't have a lighting coil. You'll have to replace the stock stator with one that has a lighting coil - you can't just rewind the stocker. Electrosport sells one for the KX250 for about $120 bucks, depending on the year.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Nevr thought of it ....But i'm still setting up my shifter kart chassis with an '02 ZR600 EFI arctic cat sled motor.......chassis has been lengthened and i'm still working on the CVT and chain final drive geometry.....it will be fun.

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever Think of Putting a KX 250 Motor in the KLX Frame?