STAINTUNE PIPE INSTALL! pics and vid

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default STAINTUNE PIPE INSTALL! pics and vid

Just got a new staintune pipe delivered. The manufacturer says no jetting change is needed, but what do u guys think? (watch the vid).

Stock pipe:

Name:  DSC00013.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  147.7 KB

Shiny new pipe (SHINY!):

Name:  DSC00014.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  131.7 KB

Pipe comparison, plus the high temperature silicone i used on the seal:

Name:  DSC00016.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  160.6 KB

Staintune pipe is on:

Name:  DSC00017.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  131.5 KB

Close up:

Name:  DSC00018.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  84.9 KB

To hear and see this pipe watch my vid on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VFhF...e=channel_page

All together i am really happy with the result in sound and in looks. And the quality workmanship on the pipe is amazing.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:44 AM

Looks and sounds really good Cuttle.
Would be interested to know how much you think it adds to performance?
I am also in the market for an exhaust at the moment. What made you decide on Staintune over TK or Roosta?
Enjoy.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes i have definitely noticed a small increase in performance. Nothing dramatic, but a small increase. I chose the staintune because i knew is was a quality product, as i have seen them on other bikes, and they are built to last.

Also these pipes are made in Australia, and as a fellow aussie im sure u know local industry needs as much help as it can get at the moment.

This pipe is quite loud, not as loud as some of the others, but it comes with compliance plates, so the cops can't give me a hard time about all the noise.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
1st Gear Member

the stock pipe diameter is similar to that of a soda straw. is the staintune's? if it isnt a rejet is needed.. i cant believe these people that sell aftermarket pipes for a bike as lean as ours is and claim "no rejet needed"

Old 04-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Awesome job man, and I love the videos. There is something about the way you guys sound, I just love the Australian accent......in a non broke back way of course. Nice job there mate.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks and sounds great, how did that exhaust sealer work out for ya?

Originally Posted by deej
...in a non broke back way of course.
I'm glad you clarified that.

Last edited by Xplosivo1; 04-21-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsac
the stock pipe diameter is similar to that of a soda straw. is the staintune's? if it isnt a rejet is needed.. i cant believe these people that sell aftermarket pipes for a bike as lean as ours is and claim "no rejet needed"
The Aus bike has a #132 main jet not the #118 you get in the USA. NO rejet needed. The guys at Staintune know what they're talking about with the KLX. They developed the pipes for Kevin Doyles racing team. His bikes all KLX 250's put out nearly 40 rear wheel HP. No big bores, just 250cc.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
The Aus bike has a #132 main jet not the #118 you get in the USA. NO rejet needed. The guys at Staintune know what they're talking about with the KLX. They developed the pipes for Kevin Doyles racing team. His bikes all KLX 250's put out nearly 40 rear wheel HP. No big bores, just 250cc.
if it doesnt need a rejet then the staintune must flow as little air as the stock pipe then. changing air flow into or out of the engine requires a rejet. i find it hard to believe that your new pipe flows the same as stock.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds great and imo the best lookin pipe out there! I WANT ONE!!!
Loud pipes saves lives!!

Old 04-22-2009, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsac
if it doesnt need a rejet then the staintune must flow as little air as the stock pipe then. changing air flow into or out of the engine requires a rejet. i find it hard to believe that your new pipe flows the same as stock.
They already have 132's in them. most rejets end up with a 128 or so here in the states so what, prey tell, would you rejet too?? I wish we had as good of a deal on a pipe as the Staintune. To me it's the finest looking pipe on the market. Very nice pipes indeed.

Quick Reply: STAINTUNE PIPE INSTALL! pics and vid