Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   another Two Brothers exhaust question! YAY! (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/another-two-brothers-exhaust-question-yay-24919/)

dngrrngr 10-17-2008 01:11 PM

my exhaust also pops like crazy while engine braking, i rejetted the bike but is it still too lean?

JasonFMX 10-17-2008 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by pseacraft (Post 332531)
:D:D

City people! What wankers, thank god I'm a country boy.

:p

Eric

People in the country still have ears too. I am originally from and still ride there and am concerned for that.

Actually you know what, its WORSE in the country becuase when they call the cops (and they do) the cops actually respond catch people. In the city, people call the cops and nothing happens.
________
Friday night lights forums

Fourty2ri 10-17-2008 05:12 PM

Not so sure about loud pipes saving lives

I dont buy that line anymore. I have had bikes of all variety's, and ridden with a different crowd on each bike. Sport bikes, Harley, Touring, now Dual Sport.
Not once did I ever find someone in a cage didnt pull a bone head move because they heard me or us. I saw lots of idiots cut in front of me or us, plenty of fools slide over a lane while they are on the highway, and chatting on the phone. Or driving down a boulevard with there tunes so loud aint no pipe gonna help them notice you.
For what its worth, I think visibility is what saves lives. Bright lights, lots of them, reflective vests, led tail lites, anything you can do to improve visibility is what helps. I like the KLX for that reason, its tall, its bright, and its pretty in your face green !!

Sorry about the hi-jack, its just safety is a big issue with me

testify4 10-17-2008 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri (Post 332623)
For what its worth, I think visibility is what saves lives. Bright lights, lots of them, reflective vests, led tail lites, anything you can do to improve visibility is what helps. I like the KLX for that reason, its tall, its bright, and its pretty in your face green !!

Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Bright green bikes save lives! :D

Although there is one thing I really want: An air horn.

Magoo 10-17-2008 11:45 PM

I'll drink the Kool Aid, too!

Fourty2ri 10-18-2008 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by testify4 (Post 332658)
Although there is one thing I really want: An air horn.

I want one of those also !!

barthel75 10-29-2008 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by dngrrngr (Post 332549)
my exhaust also pops like crazy while engine braking, i rejetted the bike but is it still too lean?

drop the clip on your needle

WestOzKLX 10-29-2008 12:25 AM

Don't confuse a "burble" with a "pop!":D

tremor38 10-29-2008 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri (Post 332623)
I dont buy that line anymore. I have had bikes of all variety's, and ridden with a different crowd on each bike. Sport bikes, Harley, Touring, now Dual Sport.
Not once did I ever find someone in a cage didnt pull a bone head move because they heard me or us. I saw lots of idiots cut in front of me or us, plenty of fools slide over a lane while they are on the highway, and chatting on the phone. Or driving down a boulevard with there tunes so loud aint no pipe gonna help them notice you.

Sorry about the hi-jack, its just safety is a big issue with me

Sorry to hobo the high jack, but I'll have to say +1...to a certain extent. Roger on the visibility perspective, but I've had people look straight at me and pull cut me off because they just don't respect anything on two wheels.

As far as the noise thing goes, sometimes I will gun my engine instead of reaching for the horn and it seems to do the trick..just laziness on my part. You don't really need to have a loud muffler to be noticed though.

WestOzKLX 10-29-2008 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by dngrrngr (Post 332549)

You could try a bigger main jet.