Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   2010 klx250s forsale (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/2010-klx250s-forsale-36869/)

fishman 11-14-2011 04:37 PM

2010 klx250s forsale

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I have a 2010 kawasaki klx 250s with 418 miles. I have clean title in hand. The bike has a fmf Q4,led directionals and tail light,13 tooth front sprocket, skit plate and dyno jet kit. I also have a set of moose hand guards that are not installed yet. I also have a garmin zumo 550 GPS. The GPS both bike and car cradles and an xm weather/radio antenna. I Have the bike listed for $4300. Am I in the ball park? Just wondering? The bike was new fall of 2010 and all miles are street and light dirt road. The bike is in Rhode Island. The garmin would be at an added price. I have all stock parts too. Let me know.

T_i_G_e_R 11-14-2011 05:06 PM

beautiful bike.. you shouldnt sell it

linkin5 11-14-2011 06:25 PM

Pull some of the farkles off and sell it cheaper, add -ons add nothing to the selling price of a bike and you are always better selling them off the bike. Your price isn't bad but lots of bikes are gonna be cheaper than yours.

Borg 11-14-2011 07:36 PM

Yeah, take the farkles off, how much for the FMF pipe and what your elevation... I may take the jets too!

CousinLarry 11-14-2011 07:38 PM

I see those going for about $1k less than your asking price.

T_i_G_e_R 11-14-2011 08:51 PM

I agree with linkin, take all the stickers off, put back the stock exhaust.. everything stock.. make it look like it just came off the showroom floor.. you will get more money for it. Just say its stock you might get 3000

09'Kawi250s 11-14-2011 09:52 PM

ya maybe 3000

fishman 11-14-2011 11:20 PM

Thanks for the thoughts. Would like to see it go as is. Sometimes I think the toys i own are worth more than they are. I can say that I will let it sit in the garage and take up space rather than dump it. Thanks again

akarob 11-15-2011 01:05 PM

Yea, the new leftovers sell for $4000 if ya can find one. That's for a brand new bike. So, about $3000 for an excellent used one would be fair.

BeenThere 11-15-2011 01:07 PM

I sold my year old 2008 KLR650 with about $1500 in farkles on it by adding about 1/2 the price of the farkles to the otherwise going rate for the bike. I think this works okay when the buyer, like in my case, is exerienced but needs to move to a different size bike. My buyer was selling his DRZ400 because he needed a more road worthy bike, and he knew the value of the farkles on mine.

Norm

linkin5 11-15-2011 01:16 PM

You were lucky as I and alot of people like me refuse to pay more for a bike because it has this or that. I've seen many bikes go unsold due to too high a price for some farkles that could have been removed and sold individually.

rgoers 11-15-2011 01:36 PM

Kawi has this thing where they sell off old (NEW) inventory around the March timeframe each year. I would not be surprised if they offer the same deal I got on my '09, for '10's this coming March. Got mine for $3499, new, '09, 0 miles, 1 year warranty.

Having said that; you would do better to follow the advice others have offered, and sell it stock. No buyer will actually pay you for the extras... that's why they are called "extras". ;-)

fishman 11-15-2011 02:12 PM

Once again thanks for all the feed back. I guess i will let the mice ride it around the garage while I rip it up on a KTM. I was not in my right mind when I bought this nut-less wounder. Thanks again.

deej 11-15-2011 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by fishman (Post 458509)
Once again thanks for all the feed back. I guess i will let the mice ride it around the garage while I rip it up on a KTM. I was not in my right mind when I bought this nut-less wounder. Thanks again.

Nut-less wonder? only when you're not on it!!! LOL Just kidding man, good luck and enjoy the bike that you like. ;)

CousinLarry 11-15-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by fishman (Post 458509)

Yep, if there was no 351 kit I'd have sold the bike a long time ago!

Good luck.

BeenThere 11-15-2011 03:17 PM

"You were lucky as I and alot of people like me refuse to pay more for a bike because it has this or that. I've seen many bikes go unsold due to too high a price for some farkles that could have been removed and sold individually"

Yes, there are many buyers like you and I heard from some wanting me to lower my price. But, like I said, someone that knows what all this stuff costs will pay it. when I'm shopping for a used bike I look for one that already has luggage, a good seat, good bars, etc. so I don't have to pay full price for that stuff. I find it hard to belive that if someone here crashed and totalled their bike wouldn't be willing to pay a reasonable extra amount for a replacement that already had most of the stuff they would add to a bare bike after buying one.

BTW, I had someone wanting to buy all my farkles at 1/2 price if I wanted to take them off the bike. I told him I would consider it if the bike didn't sell in a reasonable time.

Norm

azdeuce 11-15-2011 03:29 PM

Hmmm..I never will or understand someone that buys a bike puts some nice add ons than turns and sells it..and takes a bath..and wonders why..For the record these are great bikes,with plenty of power for a 250...

09'Kawi250s 11-16-2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by azdeuce (Post 458517)
Hmmm..I never will or understand someone that buys a bike puts some nice add ons than turns and sells it..and takes a bath..and wonders why..For the record these are great bikes,with plenty of power for a 250...

I agree, considering the bike weighs almost 300 lbs. wet it doesnt do bad in the power department. Also the motors are built to run forever. plus you know what they say about ktm's [Kick for Ten Minutes] bahahahaha jk!

LikesToThump 11-16-2011 04:25 PM

^ Exactly, KTM's are everywhere here for somereason in my area... (maybe its just me idk, damn rich college kids lol).

However, I never realized how much work they actually were or how much they actually cost to maintian till my buddy whos assistant to the university motorcycle club at my college started talking to me about his ktm 525... made me alot more relieved I ended up with my kawi, even if i had got a good deal on one I would have been ticked about the maintenance costs these KTM owners find normal.

So while they rebuild at 10k... ill just ride on by :-)

buerkletucson 11-16-2011 05:16 PM

IMHO I'd pay more for a bike in stock condition without a bunch of crap on it.

I don't like getting a bike that I know someone has been in there wrenching on it......F'ing things up. Sorry but a lot of people aren't mechanical and have no clue what they are doing.
Then I can add the options that I want, not what someone else wants and your stuck with.

wildcard 11-16-2011 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by buerkletucson (Post 458593)
IMHO I'd pay more for a bike in stock condition without a bunch of crap on it.

I don't like getting a bike that I know someone has been in there wrenching on it......F'ing things up. Sorry but a lot of people aren't mechanical and have no clue what they are doing.
Then I can add the options that I want, not what someone else wants and your stuck with.

I agree with this alot. I usually end up buying a new bike cause i can't ever seem to find used ones that haven't been "improved".

BeenThere 11-17-2011 01:57 AM

Fishman, ignore the cheapskates on this forum. I just did a nationwide Craigslist search and, first off, only found one 2010 listed and it had been sold. So I then checked for 2009 models and found only one listed at $3,000, all the rest mostly between $3500 and 4300.

Just because some of the posters here would prefer to buy a $3,000 stock bike and then pay full price for farkles doesn't mean everyone out there isn't more thrifty than that. As for a PO wrenching on one, yea, I guess you can really screw things up putting on bash plates, mufflers, hand guards, bars, and a better seat,:rolleyes: all things that most experienced riders would want.

Having said all that, you might still want to adjust your price a little if it doesn't sell.

Norm

buerkletucson 11-17-2011 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by BeenThere (Post 458608)
Fishman, ignore the cheapskates on this forum. I just did a nationwide Craigslist search and, first off, only found one 2010 listed and it had been sold. So I then checked for 2009 models and found only one listed at $3,000, all the rest mostly between $3500 and 4300.

Just because some of the posters here would prefer to buy a $3,000 stock bike and then pay full price for farkles doesn't mean everyone out there isn't more thrifty than that. As for a PO wrenching on one, yea, I guess you can really screw things up putting on bash plates, mufflers, hand guards, bars, and a better seat,:rolleyes: all things that most experienced riders would want.

Having said all that, you might still want to adjust your price a little if it doesn't sell.

Norm

Thanks for the name calling. Back at ya... :rolleyes:

Guess you haven't been around or seen much have ya?
Yea I've been motorcycling for 35+ years and have seen it all......stripped threads, cross threaded bolts, messed up carbs, scratched parts, bent parts, electrical mods shorting out, balls of electrical tape on electrical connections, yada, yada........you name it, it's out there.
Even a simple task some seem to mess up very easily.

...and out of the options you list only 1 appeals to me.

I purchased my 2009 KLX250S with 168 miles on it for $3000 in completely stock condition. Something I'd much rather have than the person trying to sell the bike listed here, even at the same price I paid for mine.

Absolute fact is..........accessories ganer little or no additional resale value to a potential buyer.

btw - Look at the season...........who sells a bike now? Who buys a bike now?
Maybe, just maybe that has something to do with the few bikes available. Doesn't mean it's worth over $4K just because you don't find others. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

BeenThere 11-17-2011 06:13 AM

Sorry for the name calling. I was trying to come up with the phrase "false economy" but my dementia got in the way. Yeah I'm an old phart that gets crotchety when people don't agree with me.

But, I have been around a while having riden my first bike in 1948. I've built 1950-1960 era BSA's out of boxes of parts. Talk about stripped screws and stuff, you'll see a lot of that when you work on bikes that are over 40 years old.

Anyway, it's obvious that Fishman's bike isn't something you'd want. I was just trying to tell Fishman that there's a good chance someone might realize the value and buy it.

Oh, and for my mechanical skill, I often end up with parts left over, (now where the hell did that washer come from:D)

Norm

I just noticed I need to upgrade my signature. I now also have a 1976 BMW R90/6 and a 1974 350cc Harley Aermacchi.

deej 11-17-2011 02:32 PM

Old guy 1 the rest 0 LOL

Malves 11-17-2011 03:17 PM

I know some may get offended, but sometime ago I´ve realized that some questions (and comments) shouldn´t be asked (said) in this forum.

LikesToThump 11-17-2011 04:19 PM

not to mention were entering a buyers market once again... maybe next spring though. gl

azdeuce 11-17-2011 04:37 PM

To the OP...ask what you want..there is a buyer for everything.High/Low...also Location plays a part...stick to YOUR plan..

wildcard 11-17-2011 07:07 PM

I'm sure we all know someone who is so mechanically inept they can't even put gas in their car without setting it on fire.

Well when i'm looking for a bike i have no idea if you the guy with the burning car or Bill Blue himself.

Each his own but i like new or un-messed with stockish bikes if i'm buying.

whyzee 11-18-2011 02:17 AM

sure would like to know about the nationwide search engine for craigslist that Norm uses. All of the ones i used to rely on dried up about 2 months ago when CL put an end to those sites.

BeenThere 11-18-2011 04:00 AM

whyzee, I don't know if I should post that type of link here, but if you'll PM me I'll send it to you.

Norm

whyzee, just realized I could PM it to you without you contacting me, (dementia thing again), so check your PM.

rgoers 11-18-2011 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 458635)
I'm sure we all know someone who is so mechanically inept they can't even put gas in their car without setting it on fire.

Well when i'm looking for a bike i have no idea if you the guy with the burning car or Bill Blue himself.

Each his own but i like new or un-messed with stockish bikes if i'm buying.

Exactly! When I went to look at a "mint 2001 klx250" first thing I saw was a big puddle of gas under it, and drip, drip, drip coming from the carb. That's when I decided to buy a new left-over from a dealer... with a warranty. I paid about 2x as much for the new one, but I got a bike 8 years newer, with zero issues, than no one had been screwing with. It's been 8 months and I've got about half of the 2.99% Kawi loan paid off.