1000 miles and how do you make bike acclerate faster

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 02:21 AM
Default 1000 miles and how do you make bike acclerate faster

I took it over 60 today and the wind by the ocean made me shake like crazy so I slowed down. bike is great once you get in 6th gear. Anyway to get the accleration up. I think top speed 60 mph is fine i just want to get there quicker.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 1000 miles and how do you make bike acclerate faster

Make sure you are shifting at the right rpm's, to soon and to little rpm, she will bog down and accelerate slowly after each shift.
Get them rpm's up.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:12 PM

The wind definitely blows these little bikes around. Make sure and use extra caution when riding in those conditions. I recently read about a new rider who just bought a Harley and when I riding it home from the dealer-which was only 20 miles from his house- got blown under a semi.. and ran over. Needless to say, he didn't survive to ride his Harley again. The worst part was that his daughter had driven him to pick the bike up, and she was behind him when the accident happened. Also, take into consideration that he was on a 700lb bike. Our bikes don't weigh even 1/2 of that.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree on the wind, there are some nice banked corners up here and I've had to lean the opposite direction of the corner just to maintain my lane position due to some strong winds. It felt so totally wrong but I've had to do it on more than one occasion.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: konacoiler

The wind definitely blows these little bikes around. Make sure and use extra caution when riding in those conditions. I recently read about a new rider who just bought a Harley and when I riding it home from the dealer-which was only 20 miles from his house- got blown under a semi.. and ran over. Needless to say, he didn't survive to ride his Harley again. The worst part was that his daughter had driven him to pick the bike up, and she was behind him when the accident happened. Also, take into consideration that he was on a 700lb bike. Our bikes don't weigh even 1/2 of that.

You see/hear about things like this once in a while but Something dont sound right about this one. I own a harley and while the little klx will blow all over the place in a good wind my Harley wont and its just a sporty which weighs only 556lbs. Sound more like a New rider made a bad mistake and it cost him his life. Motorcycles Are Dangerous and people need to be aware of that. I heard a story about a guy getting hit as he was pulling out of a dealership on his new bike. His kid was with him and they say he threw the kid clear before the semi hit him. Is it true, I dont know but one must always be viligent when riding and honestly Im not sure how you Can Not see a semi when pulling out on the road. My 2 cents....

LV

Old 08-15-2006, 02:57 AM

funny story i got to witness this wind first hand you have to lean the bike almost side ways to keep from blowing into the other lane. I got one good gust and it almost sent me into the other lane but slowing down helped get me back over.

Old 08-19-2006, 02:33 AM

Try turning the grip on the right side of the handle bars real quick ! <GRiN>

ORIGINAL: Icantrideabike

I took it over 60 today and the wind by the ocean made me shake like crazy so I slowed down. bike is great once you get in 6th gear. Anyway to get the accleration up. I think top speed 60 mph is fine i just want to get there quicker.