Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

CVT Belt or Clutch Upgrade Suggestions for 2019 Mule SX

Old 08-07-2023, 09:30 PM
Post CVT Belt or Clutch Upgrade Suggestions for 2019 Mule SX

I do a lot of heavy pulling with my machine. I used it to haul some decent sized logs up a few hills to my workshop for milling. In the winter, i use a scraper plow to groom my trails, but it definitely plows a good amount of snow in the process that requires some hard work from the Mule.

I need to replace my CVT belt and would like to know what the best option is for my purposes. I checked out EPI Performance to see if they had a clutch kit for my model, but they didn't, and the rep couldn't make any recommendations either.
My local UTV dealer suggested i could change the secondary spring, and that it would improve the engagement, but again, he didn't have any specific options or part numbers. Basically, i'm left to figure it out on my own.

If there truly are no upgrade options to springs or weights, then I'll be happy to just upgrade the CVT belt from the original OEM. I've heard Kevlar belts are better suited for my use - even though CVT transmissions aren't very good at heavy pulling - so does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? Thanks.