Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

over heating problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Default over heating problem

[align=left]I was just wondering if anyone else had problems with overheating on their mule. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. I've checked coolant and electric fan seems to be working properly. This is the second mule i've had problems with overheating, is this a common problem.
[/align]

Old 03-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Default RE: over heating problem

Common problem with all liquid cooled gasoline mules. People open the cap under the seat which is higher than both the engine and radiator and get air in the system. The trapped air gets to the light temp sender and trapped air gets hotter than water and causes the light to indicate hotter than actual temps. Take a floor jack or drive up on ramps to elevate the radiator to the highest of all points. Make sure the unit(and radiator) is cool. SET PARKING BRAKE! Remove the cap at the front of the unit on radiator. Crank unit and let it run or fast idle with something on the accelerator pedal. Let the unit run until the coolant gets hot. Keep the level of the coolant topped off to the neck of the radiator. IT TAKES A LONG TIME FOR THIS MULE TO GET HOT ENOUGH FOR THE FAN TO COME ON! Once the air is purged from the system cap it off at the radiator. Fill the coolant reservoir bottle,and stay out of the other cap under the seat. If the unit continues to over heat there is several problems to consider. Faulty fan switch on the right lower of the radiator. Faulty water pump impeller, or faulty temp switch.
Hope this helps.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:56 AM

Have just bought 2006 1600 vulcan bike runs great on open road cool weather,when i get in traffic bike cuts down to limp mode have had in shop for warranty,the said compromised vacuum hose linked fuel line got it out but still cutting down to limp mode,haven't heard fan come on

Old 09-19-2017, 07:04 AM

Took bike back to shop 70km away ok until I hit traffic,then loss of power when accelerating happened 4 times very worried about getting run over won't take it on expressway,haven't heard fan come on ,I like this bike it's very nice to ride and goes well but am really lost as to what may be wrong can anyone help,hate to buy a harley,lol