Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

Kawasaki Mule 3000 - strange gas pump behavior....normal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 07:49 AM
Default Kawasaki Mule 3000 - strange gas pump behavior....normal?

Hello all,
i'm new to this forum as my MULE 3000 (from 2001) also recently joined my family.

Beside another issue of engine dying very often simply in idle mode - I have a behavior of the fuel pump that I'm not sure if it is normal or not.
What I have seen up to now is that the fuel pump shortly starts and stops when turning on the ignition…the seller told me to wait until it stops.....so it seems that it brings in some fuel to start….makes sense and I hope this is correct.Only today when having again a frequent problem that the engine goes OFF very often from idle....so when moving forward/backard several times to go into the garage.....i realized/heard that when the motor is OFF but ignition ON…that the pump seems to work all the time….Is that NORMAL? I did not wait for 5mins but at least for a minute the pump never stopped turning.....

I also open another threat as i have a really annoying problem with idle engine going off.
Thanks a lot for your support, I'm from Europe - really love this MULE but here over the sea there is not much MULE knowledge or mechanics arround that are familiar with this nice vehicle!!!! Sorry, for blindly writing to you – but I’m completely lost as nobody is able to help – I’m a handy guy but no mechanic – so if you have some hints I could definitely try and hopefully fix this annoying behavior of the engine…Thanks a lot,Btw, another thing that is strange…..and therefore I found your video: I normally hear the gas pump shortly when turning on the ignition…so it seems that it brings in some fuel to start….makes sense and I hope this is correct.Only today when having the problem of my engine when moving in the garage….i realized that when the motor is OFF but ignition ON…that the pump seems to work all the time….Is that NORMAL? Sorry, for blindly writing to you – but I’m completely lost as nobody is able to help – I’m a handy guy but no mechanic – so if you have some hints I could definitely try and hopefully fix this annoying behavior of the engine…Thanks a lot,Norbert

Norbert