Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Kawasaki Mule (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/kawasaki-mule-57/)
-   -   Chirping sound (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/kawasaki-mule-57/chirping-sound-46402/)

Tom Colvin 04-01-2019 05:21 PM

Chirping sound

Year 2005, Kawasaki mule 3010, 4 x 4
making chirping sound that sounds like it’s coming from the front end. When I let off gas I cannot here it. I just had the grease changed out the in the front and rear ends about 2 weeks ago. Also found both boots on front was split open and could not grease them.

CrashWrench4010 06-09-2019 07:18 PM

Hi,
A Way to Check The Front Drive Shaft C.V. Joints ( Constant Velocity Joint ) , Front Differential And Front / Intermediate Drive Shafts . ( These Are Always Turning Either In Two (2 ) OR Four ( 4 ) Wheel Drive ! ) …..
Start Out In Two Wheel Drive , Turn " Full Left " , Pull Forward " Slowly " , > Listen < ,, Stop ,, keep the Steering wheel " Full Left " , Now ,, Back - UP _ " SLOWLY "
Again < Listen > To find where the Noise is Coming from ???? NOW Turn FULL Right ,,, Repeat ,,, < Listen > ????? The Drum Brakes ( All Four ( 4 ) Have a " Dust / Dirt SEALS That Rides Against the Inside Of The brake Drum
They need to be checked AND GREASED ( ( YES,,, I SAID GREASE THE These SEALS And Where They Ride/ Contact The Brake Drums !!!!! ))
A Clicking Noise Coming From the wheels is the ' Outer C.V. Joints " . The Chirping/ popping Can Come from the " Front Differential " . It Has A Spring loaded Set of
" Clutches In the Ring Gear Assembly " To make it a " Limited Slip Diff. " .
Next , Put In Two(2) Wheel Drive , Rear Diff LOCK -_ "OFF" ,,, Engine _ OFF.... You Will Need a Level Place , Four (4) Jack Stands , To get All Four (4 ) wheels Off the Ground . Turn the " Front Wheels By Hand , With the Suspension " Hanging Down " . This Puts the Inner C.V. Joints in A Bind , < Listen > ???
Also Watch The Other Wheel,,, IF IT Turns The SAME Direction The " Limited Slip Diff > IS Working < . IF One Wheel Turns Forward AND THE OTHER Turns IN REVERSE ,, The Front Diff. Is BROKE/ Clutches ARE Gone !!!
Inspect the " Drive Shafts ' Starting At the Front ' U- Joint ' At the " Front Diff . Work Your Way back to the " Drive shaft - Carrier / Support Bearing " It is Rubber Mounted ,, it has a Grease Fitting …
Last ITEM ,, At The Transmission Where the Drive Shaft Connects to ,, That Side Case Contains A " Spring Ratchet Slip Device " This Device "" Protects !! " The Front Drive Line ,,, IF Put In A BIND Or Stops Turning , Rear Tranny
IS STILL TURNING ,,,, It WILL DISCONNECT The Front Drive From The Rear Diff / Tranny ( A ! VERY LOWD POPPING/ Banging NOISE !!!! ) .
Sorry for being long …….. It really Does Not take This Long To Check ,
Thanks For Your Time ,
Mark
((((( P>S> Got / Get A Service Manual ???!!!!! ))))) :)

Tom Colvin 06-10-2019 01:20 PM

Mark,

And a big thanks for your time and reply. I will follow thru with this this weekend coming.

Again,

Thanks,

Tom