Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

1996 Kawasaki 750 ZXI issues

Old 08-20-2018, 05:01 PM
Default 1996 Kawasaki 750 ZXI issues

I purchased a 1996 Kawasaki 750zxi jet ski recently. It cranked right up on the trailer and then took it for a test drive at which time it also cranked. I decided to update it since we own an auto body repair shop. So long story short, decals removed, traction pads removed, cleaned and sanded down and primered and painted then new decals and new traction pads. Went to start it - nothing i turns over but it won't start. So I googled it and came up with the conclusion that the battery was in need of replacement. SO I ordered one and finally got it in today. It states it is for this jet ski. The people I purchased it from had a lawn mower battery in it. But I did some research and found one for it. It came in today. Jet ski will act like it wants to crank but won't turn over. We replaced spark plugs. The lights will not light up when you turn the ignition to the "on" position (everything I read says they are supposed to). So we are charging the battery even though the volt meter said it should have been charged enough already. Even tried to start using the crank option on the charger, nada. What else could it be? Or what else do we need to check? I just find it hard to believe that it started up just fine twice when I bought it but after a new paint job, etc it refuses to cooperate unless I am doing something wrong? Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Signed,

Wife who bought running jet ski and husband is not saying I told you so

Old 08-20-2018, 05:17 PM

Well call it a girl that knows how to build stuff but is not mechanically inclined mistake but the fuel filter was filthy and got replaced and it started right up but the indicator lights will not come on. Any ideas?

Old 06-23-2020, 02:24 PM

What indicator lights are you referring to?

i have a 1996 1100 zxi and nothing lights up unless it’s low on oil I’ll get a warning flash. And if it’s overheating the other light will flash

other than those 2 I don’t think any lights should light up