Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/)
-   -   Gettin rid of some retro bikes (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/gettin-rid-some-retro-bikes-37209/)

BleednGreen68 02-02-2012 11:18 PM

Gettin rid of some retro bikes

Well time to get rid of some old bikes that we have been keepin around. We have a 73 H1 500 triple that we are gonna get out first since there is an antique bike show here in town saturday. I couldnt find any info on how much they are worth but its a complete bike. Tank is in VERY good shape. Also have some old CB's and some other old Kawi's I believe. I will try to get some pics of them. Be nice to have someone finally restore these old classics instead of lettin them sit. We have a BRAND NEW 94 X2 Jet ski too we are gettin rid of. Even called kawi and they said they would honor the factory warranty as long as its a part thats still available haha. And we still have tons of old kawi parts in the attic. I know we have some old GPZ stuff like new take off exhaust and plastics. We got too much crap damn it! Well its good crap atleast!

Prom 02-04-2012 12:16 AM

I would love to take on a project, unfortunately my budget is going to food right now. Good luck on cleaning out the garage.

BleednGreen68 02-04-2012 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Prom (Post 462623)
I would love to take on a project, unfortunately my budget is going to food right now. Good luck on cleaning out the garage.

Thanks! Should be fun cleanin out what we got. The H1 is actually a 75, oops. Tank inside looks brand new. We checked it over real good and saw that mice chewed the two wires goin to the tail light. Carb boots are bad. Tranny shifts good, motor turns over good. Even has a sparkplug carrier under the seat. Almost looks like a huge pencil sharpner. Holds 3 plugs of course. Tires still hold air too haha.

jeffzx9 02-06-2012 04:22 PM

Hey Bleed, if you come across any of the sales literature for the '95 9r (or '94 7r) let me know. Sounds like a project that would put a big smile on my face...... I think EVERY rider should experience an H-1 at least once in their life: weight forward, hang on, and brake WAAAY before you try to corner!!

BleednGreen68 02-06-2012 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by jeffzx9 (Post 462802)
Hey Bleed, if you come across any of the sales literature for the '95 9r (or '94 7r) let me know. Sounds like a project that would put a big smile on my face...... I think EVERY rider should experience an H-1 at least once in their life: weight forward, hang on, and brake WAAAY before you try to corner!!

Yea I will keep my eyes peeled. I know we have literature for early 90's bikes, just got to find them. I've never had the pleasure of ridin an H1. We've had this bike forever! Some guy just left it at our dealership and forgot about it. It ran when it was stored. Only has a lil over 5k on it. Needs carb boot assembly though. Havnt checked to see if parts are available. We are gonna sell it as is. Still got to get a title for it. I wish we were gonna get it runnin first but we are gonna let someone else tackle it when they buy it. You can still barely see the break in sticker on the speedo haha. I believe its got original tires and still hold air haha.

Dragone#19 02-06-2012 11:39 PM

Any updates? Where are you posting up the parts at? I would love to have an H1 on glass in the corner of my living room next to the big screen! That would rock!

BleednGreen68 02-06-2012 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dragone#19 (Post 462846)
Any updates? Where are you posting up the parts at? I would love to have an H1 on glass in the corner of my living room next to the big screen! That would rock!

Havnt gotten that far yet. I will probably post a separate thread. The guy we sold the brand new 94 x2 to had 14 x2's. Tryin to collect every yr or somethin. He said he wasnt gonna even get this one runnin. Just put it in his man cave as a conversation piece. Sold it for 3k. This H1 I would just make it all pretty and shiny and put it in my living room or man cave too haha. My dad has a z1 that he bought new and an 84 ZL1000 that is a rare bike. i dont think hes gonna get rid of any of his bikes. I dont know what other bikes we got down there. Been so long since i've seen them. I remember as a kid goin down there to the junk bikes and breaking all the glass out of them! I know bad right?! Sadly we junked TONS of bikes! If we parted them out we would have made a lot but the time to break them down and post the parts would've taken yrs. Sad to see those old bikes go. County got onto us about it......oops:mad:

Dragone#19 02-07-2012 01:17 AM

Keep me in mind on the 70's KE's, KM's for kawi or 80's + KDX bikes then if you are still sorting.

sonan 02-24-2012 10:50 AM

good job guys all the best.........

red 03-03-2012 10:00 PM

if you have a 90's klx650 let me know