Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/)
-   -   this ever happen to you? (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/ever-happen-you-6018/)

frrogger1 08-21-2006 07:06 PM

this ever happen to you?

well i was on my way home from work today and my fuel light came on....no biggie....well when i got to the gas station i opened my fuel tank lid and i went to turn the key and the damn thing had corroded nought that it wouldnt budge....well i tried it for a few min until my key started to bend a little. at this point i went inside and picked up a small bottle of wd40 and that seemed to do the trick....now i am just wondering if any of you have had this happen...and if not i would suggest spraying some wd40 in it before it does....

Notstock 08-21-2006 07:59 PM

RE: this ever happen to you?

1 Attachment(s)
For about 100 bucks you never have to worry about that again

Attachment 34171

frrogger1 08-21-2006 08:10 PM

lol you know whats funny ns that was the first thing i thouhgt about getting when it wouldnt open

hoedogg 08-21-2006 08:12 PM

yup same thing happend to me and wd40 is the trick.

Notstock 08-21-2006 08:26 PM

Only thing that sux is that if you are in a hurry and do not tighten it all the way it will leak on your balls, not to comfortable.
Good thing is that it will only happen once lol or should only happen once :D

frrogger1 08-21-2006 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Only thing that sux is that if you are in a hurry and do not tighten it all the way it will leak on your balls, not to comfortable.

hmm sounds like them balls got an extra chill........lol hey do you know how much evil paid for the race cap he got

ZX12Rider 08-21-2006 08:32 PM

I don't imagine that would be very fun [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Notstock 08-21-2006 08:36 PM

http://www.hardracing.com/Vortex/VortexGasCaps.htm

Shop you may find them cheaper or free shipping. I seem to remember paying around 100.00 bucks.

and cold is not the problem its the burning [:'(]

ZX12Rider 08-21-2006 08:44 PM

Definately wouldn't want someone in their car in front of you chucking the cig out the window.....then you'd have 'great balls of fire' sorry that's not funny - well yeah it kind of is!!

Notstock 08-21-2006 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Definately wouldn't want someone in their car in front of you chucking the cig out the window.....then you'd have 'great balls of fire' sorry that's not funny - well yeah it kind of is!!
LMAO [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

frrogger1 08-21-2006 08:50 PM

lol Goodness gracious, great balls of fire ! [sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]

markmeinteil 08-21-2006 09:05 PM

I have been using DuPont's Teflon spray lubricant on all of my locks, and it makes the key slide in and turn buttery smooth! It kind of leaves a thin waxy Teflon residue on everything you spray it on which makes surfaces slippery as hell. Any one looking for a good key lock lube, this is it.

BTW: They also claim you can use it for motorcycle chains. I hear it's suppose to last up to five times longer than regular lube, and it won't attract dirt or dust.

Gerg 08-22-2006 03:50 AM

and cold is not the problem its the burning [:'(]
The burning isn't because of your gascap NS... You should really get a Dr. to look at that. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Notstock 08-22-2006 04:05 AM

Shhhhhhhhh! lol

evil636 08-22-2006 05:36 AM

i had that exact thing happen on my 9r only my key broke off in the cap and is why i have put the vortex cap on my 636. hit up jt at chromewhore. i bought the base from him for 65 shipping included and the actual cap at 58 cycle for 30 bucks so figure about 100.00 like ns said. im sure jt will hook you up if you buy the complete set up from him. [8D] i was playing with the cap and it screws on so the logo is alligned with the tank and straight. cool.

i posted the pics like this
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...f/DSC00799.jpg

the cap actually fits like this nice and tight.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...f/DSC00802.jpg

evil636 08-22-2006 05:56 AM

and froggy, you can mixmatch the colors too, like a silver trim and a blue cap or a gold trim with a silver cap.

www.vortexracing.com

frrogger1 08-22-2006 08:06 AM

hmm i think i might have to look into those....just more stuff to add to the list lol

FuryofGreen 08-22-2006 08:24 AM

ok, i want that gas cap too. but, does it lock in anyway? i have crazy b itches coming to my house banging on my door sometimes at all hours of the night, and i dont need any sugar in my tank or anything like that. [:@]

markmeinteil 08-22-2006 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: FuryofGreen

ok, i want that gas cap too. but, does it lock in anyway? i have crazy b itches coming to my house banging on my door sometimes at all hours of the night, and i dont need any sugar in my tank or anything like that. [:@]
Sounds like maybe it's time for you to find a new place! LAMO!!! I think Big V will need a roommate once he jumps the border! LOL J/K V:D

evil636 08-22-2006 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: FuryofGreen

find some new bitches man ;) the cap does not lock at all. once its tight it takes a little unpff to open it so if you have an alarm and a shot gun, be ready to blast a ho or 3

FuryofGreen 08-22-2006 09:23 AM

i really like the look of the cap. evil i was also thinking of going all green like the 6rr lower fairing. did you shop for a price on the lower fairing by any chance? i wanna lose the black and get more green. i really do have some psycho chicks i know coming by here. the other night i didnt answer my door and this chick smacked my bike to set off my alarm so i would come out. out of control.

evil636 08-22-2006 10:08 AM

if that were my bike, that broad would be dead. the only time my bike gets slapped like that is when big rigs utilizing the muzzy :D

as far as the rr lowers, im checking e bay daily. bike bandit is asking 194.00 a side. as soon as i go to rock and roll ill know more on a price and a time to get them painted to match. after the 2000.00 quote i got for getting my plastics done flat black it might be cheaper and guaranteed to match to go with the oem rr lowers. ill know more in a few weeks. im not in a rush but want to get it.

FuryofGreen 08-22-2006 10:19 AM

mo green mo better [sm=icon_rock.gif]

evil636 08-22-2006 10:46 AM

what other parts do you need ? a rear cowel ? i got a link for that on e bay for like 78 or 70 bucks. ill let you know when i find the lowers cheap. not to sound like a cheap ass but i gots tons of money into my bike as it is. saving is not a bad call. lol :D

FuryofGreen 08-22-2006 07:29 PM

i got the rear cowl from kawi already, i saw your link too late. i just need the lower fairing, it will look like a 6rr. its gonna be nice. im never gonne be done, i want a damper, that gas cap, the brake lines, and i was toying with chroming everything like the frame and the wheels but im not sure i wanna go the bling bling route. and i think the chrome is harder to keep clean, i ride so much my bike never stays clean. what do you think about chrome, sending the rims off to one of those exchange places etc?

evil636 08-22-2006 08:49 PM

chromes easier to clean and keep clean as compared to plishing. most if not all of those chrome exchange places are close to me. look for the one thats buy now or make offer and offer them 400.00 imo 6 or 700 bucks is not worth the money to get chrome wheels. im not a fan of chrome though, never was. i like to look at it but i wouldnt own to much of it. if the roads your on have alot of salt then no sence in getting chrome, the salts will eat it, youll have to go polished.

Notstock 08-22-2006 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: evil636

if that were my bike, that broad would be dead. the only time my bike gets slapped like that is when big rigs utilizing the muzzy :D

as far as the rr lowers, im checking e bay daily. bike bandit is asking 194.00 a side. as soon as i go to rock and roll ill know more on a price and a time to get them painted to match. after the 2000.00 quote i got for getting my plastics done flat black it might be cheaper and guaranteed to match to go with the oem rr lowers. ill know more in a few weeks. im not in a rush but want to get it.
Dam for 2k you may want to consider race glass or street glass if you want to keep the lights.

evil636 08-23-2006 12:40 AM

still got to get it painted though.

Notstock 08-23-2006 12:42 AM

but it would be glass :)

evil636 08-23-2006 01:53 AM

ok ill buy glass and get it painted, the cost would be about the same to get a opp cf body. id take a set of shark skins :D

Notstock 08-23-2006 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: evil636

ok ill buy glass and get it painted, the cost would be about the same to get a opp cf body. id take a set of shark skins :D
+ 1 in the sharkskins, thats what is on my zx7. I have a new tail to put on but the old one just wont break so I am just storing it. Probably not riding her enough to be able to break it [&o]

FuryofGreen 08-23-2006 05:00 AM

ok, i thought chrome and polishing was the same? i mean i know its not the same, but doesnt it look the same?

evil636 08-23-2006 05:40 AM

a real good polish job can be mistaken for chrome plating but usually you can tell the difference in the 2.

Notstock 08-23-2006 08:03 AM

I think polish is a deeper more rich shine but chrome is all most maintenance free.