Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/)
-   -   dont ride w/dress shoes (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/dont-ride-w-dress-shoes-1663/)

lemac 12-04-2005 09:53 PM

dont ride w/dress shoes

So iam coming back from a friends birthday party friday night. Everything seems cool just changed my oil and tightend my chain. I call up my brother and tell him iam on my way so fire up the comps so we can lan..As i roll in the garage (my bro is holding the door up) i decided to do a rolling burnie, went well til i had to stop. The bike started to lean so i went to put my foot down. I couldnt my dress shoes were caught on the foot pegs. I tried tree times but no luck, well a little the wall was right next to me so i was able to use that for some support, but not much when almost 400lbs is falling over. as for me iam ok the bike is ok too but did break the right side rear set and scratched the bottom plastics. I guess you could call me lucky, because i heard of more stuff breaking with falls like that. I would send pics but their really nothing to look at. Just watch out with type of riding aperal. peace.

Notstock 12-05-2005 03:04 AM

RE: dont ride w/dress shoes

Sorry to hear that bro, it would suck to be stuck to the bike like that. Nothing to do but fall over.

056r 12-05-2005 06:17 AM

squiding it with dress shoes eh???LOL

lemac 12-05-2005 06:58 AM

LOL. I know i will never do that again. Now i have to go find a foot peg monday, i might pick up some euro sigs to. You know gotta make her feel good lol.

056r 12-05-2005 10:44 PM

Sounds ,like a perfect excuse for some adjustable rearsets if ya dont have any already!!!(but thats just me)

MAD KAW 12-05-2005 10:51 PM

thats happend to me with sneakers.... good thing i was able to get my foot out.... thats sux....

toad1025 12-05-2005 11:04 PM

Us gals do it too. I was going out one evening and I wore a pair of 3 inch heeled boots, thinking I was jsut way too cute and it was difficult getting my feet where they needed to be. I didn't fll, but I haven't done it again since either! I still wear the boots, just not on the bike. I figured if other girls did it, it couldn't be that hard................It was for me! Glad you are ok though!:)

shon 12-05-2005 11:35 PM

UM that's why they call them "riding boots" LOL. I never wear anything but. My husband dropped his Kat wearing sneaks [:@]. When I was at Americade last year, duh, was wearing flip-flops, duh, and just went to roll my bike out of the rain. Well, flip-flops, motorcycle and wet pine needles [:@]. Well, went ass over teakettle bike started to fall, and luckily for me, but not him, fell against my husband's Kat [:o]. Little scratch on my wind screen and tiny one on his Front fairing.

toad1025 12-05-2005 11:37 PM

Oh, trust me, it's riding boots or nothing now. I'll save being cute for the bedroom and the hot biker chick for the open roads.

shon 12-05-2005 11:50 PM

Hey if ya wanna be a hot biker chick, let your thong hang out LMAO!!!!!! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]