Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/)
-   -   Dog vs Vulcan 500...dog won (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/dog-vs-vulcan-500-dog-won-24707/)

osufireman 10-05-2008 07:25 PM

Dog vs Vulcan 500...dog won

2 Attachment(s)
Well, while riding home on sept 15th around 8pm, minding my own business and about 3 blocks from home, a stupid dog hit my front tire high-siding me to the right and over the bars! No joke, this thing didn't run in front of me it booked it from the side of the street and hit my front tire. Pissed me off, had to go to the hospital and everything. So far the bike is totaled, almost $4500 in repairs. The tank, both forks, fenders, signals, master cylinder, exhaust, and footpeg all needs replaced. So watch out for dogs guys, they're not very fun.

Also, I recommend full gear, personally. I hit the pavement at about 35mph, not too fast but man it hurt like hell! I had full gear on and it got torn up pretty good, but I still had one hell of a bruise and a tiny bit of road rash through the pants. I almost just wore denim....I don't even want to think about what that would have looked like...say goodbye to the right cheek.

hoedogg 10-06-2008 02:44 PM

aww man sorry to hear it. whos dog was it?? the owner of the dog is responseble.

deej 10-06-2008 02:48 PM

Dude! I think about animals running out in front of me all the time. Deer, Elk, Dogs, whatever. I hope it never happens to me. Sorry about the bike, I really think you need to look into the owner paying for it. :(

JRock420 10-06-2008 03:10 PM

man sorry to hear,,, glad your ok... and I hope you get things straigtend out

zzrick 10-06-2008 03:11 PM

That sucks man, but you are right about the gear. Never leave home without it!

je2000 10-06-2008 06:47 PM

You need to find the owner of the dog. That person is responsible for the damage. I'm not sure where you're from, but most places in the US have laws against dogs running loose.

Good luck.

OMalley912 10-06-2008 09:33 PM

Ouch, that's a bummer. Yep go after the owner and see what's up. That's the worst fear is animals running in front of ya, especially deer here. Heal up quickly....

Dragone#19 10-07-2008 02:04 AM

ouch, glad that you are ok. Had a black cat do that to me one year. He ran right into the front rotors and about made me fall over at around 35mph. Too bad about the ride.

wobbyguy 10-07-2008 09:27 PM

You killed the dog right? I would have hobbled over and kicked it a couple times lol!

whitehendrix 10-08-2008 12:39 AM

man. sorry about the loss on the bike.. hopefully, something will be done. i agree with wobby.. i beat a deer's ass once for the same thing.. (in my buddy's car, no less! i wasn't driving..)

glad you're ok tho.. coulda been way brutal all considering..