Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

This is the lightest helmet out for the $$$

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 04:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Default This is the lightest helmet out for the $$$

here is the site: http://www.ogk-shop.com/index.php

I like the blue and silver one would look the best with my electric blue baby:
http://ogk-shop.com/product_detail.php?product_id=2

So the price is 210 euros which converts to $272 us
then some tear away visor for 13 curo: http://ogk-shop.com/product_detail.php?product_id=27

total would be 261 euro= $339 us including shipping from the UK.

Some of you might think its not worth it but because i have 2 minor bulging disks if i can get a lighter helmet than it will be less pain.
It still snell approved and had good airflow and is stylish as well. only weighs 1409 grams in a large compared to my 1700 gram cl-14HJC in a medium
Only thing that sucks is the $60 shipping

here is the converter:
http://www.xe.com/

what do yall think about this helmet?

Old 05-13-2006, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: This is the lightest helmet out for the $$$

looks cool..... never heard of the helmet though.... but hey if you like it, why not....

Old 05-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

It's a good looking helmet.... you'll have to get it and tell us how it goes..

Old 05-13-2006, 09:02 AM
1st Gear Member

My buddy has an OGK, He loves the helmet's venting system but it's a noisy helmet at speeds over 75mph-like earplug wearing loud. I would check out some other helmets too, like the KBCs, AGV and Suomy as most of the models they have are lighter than your HJC. Also, if you decide to order an OGK, my buddy had to get one size bigger than his old helmet cuz the OGKs run small. And one more thing, if ordering from the UK, ask about the shipping procedures and insurance. I ordered a camera lens from the Netherlands and had it insured for $1000.00. Well, it got shipped over here and sat in customs for like 6 weeks, then I had to pay a customs tax of $180 to get it out. I'll never order anything from the Netherlands again!

Old 05-13-2006, 10:54 AM
1st Gear Member

50slider hey thanx for the input. As far as the noise In the review said itself that it was noisy, but it is due to the excellent venting. However in south fl it is rreally hot and id luv a good venting system. as far as going into triple digits and worrying about the noise, well i dont race so, its every once in a while, i really need a good light helmet. Any there is no other helmet that is as low in weight than this except a 1500$ BMW helmet. Even the ones you mention are still 200 grams heavier and even possible same or higher in price. As far as insurance goes i need to find out about ins, if there is a guarantee.

The cool thing about this helmet is you can get these stick on/tear away smoke or mirrored shield sticky thingies. For $20 it comes with 5. So if you are on a long trip and bugs hit your shield, well you just tear it off, sounds like a good protector too.