Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

Fieldsheer suit for the track???

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Fieldsheer suit for the track???

I really want to get into doing track days next spring/summer but i need to get a set of leathers first. I dotn want to spend tooo much becuase i need enough money left to actually pay for the track days and going to/from the track like 2 hrs away. So i was looking at fieldsheer radar 1pc suits on kneedraggers. even though i have a budget i want something that is safe and will hold up for years of track days. If its not good enough then I will just put the track days on hold and try and save up for something more pricey for the season after. Thoughts? Suggestions on other low budget suits?

heres the link to the suit im looking at
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...uit639145.html

also thinking about this teknic chicane suit
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/s...iece+race+suit

Old 11-23-2008, 03:03 PM
1st Gear Member

The Teknic and Fieldsheer is probably the best bang for the buck. You can pick a nice used new one off of e-bay for about 300.00 if not cheaper. Just be sure of the size. Most tracks rent leathers for 50.00 but reserve ahead of time. Keep that in mind for your first few times. Buy a back protector as well even if you buy a suit with the hump.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

so you think they would hold up fine for a few years of track riding? i think i may go with the fieldsheer it seems to have a bit more padding, and it has the aerohump (not that im good enough to need it, but it looks cool lol). And i definitely will get a back brace, the track im looking to go to requires a hard back protector under your suit.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 AM
1st Gear Member

I would think so, no sense spending moocho-deniro right aways. I'm no expert by any means only having one track day so far, but trying a suit on at the bike shop would be a good start. Comfort is most important. I wore a 2 piece Joe rocket I borrowed and was uncomfortable as hell, jacket was a tad small and the pant were too big, hahah. It just messed up my lean man! Check e-bay for deals, bought a one piece for 120.00. Yep it's kinda beat up but should pass tech.