Eliminator 125 saddlebags?

Old 12-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Default Eliminator 125 saddlebags?

Hello, All

I've been riding an Eliminator 125 as my sole means of transportation for a little over three years now (I know, I run that poor girl at top speed every day). It's held up spectacularly; it gets me where I need to go and can (usually) keep up with traffic. Only problem is now my schooling requires a laptop that's a bit too heavy to fit in my backpack with the rest of my books. Any suggestions for a set of saddlebags? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lesgo

Old 12-28-2007, 11:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Eliminator 125 saddlebags?

i've been looking for saddlebags for my 125 too

as far as i know the 125 is too small, there are no saddlebags stock made that will fit

not confirmed so i don't know if they do now, but at last look i was out of luck

Old 12-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Isn't the honda rebel similar in size? Not sure.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:04 PM
1st Gear Member

similar size -- i think it's slightly bigger

but it's more the shape and position of components on the eliminator which makes it hard for saddlebags
for instance its low ride so the rear springs and further back and more vertical, the pillion seat/backrest is further back on the mudguard, and because of that the pillion footpegs are further back too

i'm sure you could get a set of kevlar/textile saddlebags to fit but not a chance with moulded paniers

Old 02-18-2008, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Honestly, your best bet is going to be to buy a universal tank bag. I never did find saddlebags for my Eliminator either. A tank bag would be a hassle when it comes time to fuel up, but luckily you don't have to do that too often with an Eliminator.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:11 PM

For what it is worth, I bought my son a set of saddlebags for his 2007 Eliminator 125 at www.Leatherup.com. They were the Waterproof Slant Eagle Braided Classic Motorcycle Saddlebags and they worked very well. They are adjustable, but we ended up just laying them across the passenger seat and they hang down just a few inches above the exhaust. They would not go under the seat, because of the close proximity of the seat and fender. They have laces to tie them down so they don’t flap in the wind. We are now looking into removing the flaps that tie them together and bolting them on. It has really served our purpose, since now I can send him to the grocery store to pick up items and I don’t have to go and him being 14, it is always a fun time to get away by himself for a few minutes. We have also mounted a windshield on his bike and he loves it. Now if we can only find a backrest for it, we would be set.

Oh, and Hello all, I am new to the site. If anyone finds a backrest for the Eliminator 125, please give us a shout.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9121/9B13BDBD30104914B2DAFF87900B9137.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM

I bought an '01 Eliminator 125 last October. It had new leather saddlebags already on it and they looked great. My bike is at a friend's house an hour away but when I get it back I'll check the brand and also see if I can post a pic.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Default Saddlebags

What we did for my son's BN125 after not having much success finding bags for the BN model was to purchase a set of the ABS bags off of Ebay with integrated lights. We removed the factory rear turn signals and mounted the bags so they followed the fender profile- so far, they work very well and for $60- can't beat them. I wish they mounted closer to the fender and might one day make new mounts, but for now- very happy with them. We wired the lights to be turn signals and they are fairly bright.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM
1st Gear Member

any pics to these bikes you guys are talking about? my uncle is running into the same problem looking for bags. I've looked into the ABS ones also but they just look cheap, I guess I can't really complain since they're also inexpensive.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:16 PM
Default a little late, but...

i couldn't find a decent pair of saddle bags either. i ended up bolting on two ammo cans.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Eliminator 125 saddlebags?