Man it's quiet here

Old 02-18-2010, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Man it's quiet here

Just wanted to find a Concours forum for the Chicagoland area and noticed there hasn't been a thread started in here for quite some time. I'll be picking my Connie up this Saturday just in time for another round of snow.

Jeremy

Old 02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the bike, and finding the forum. Sorry there are not more members on here in that section, but remember that bikes and riders have a lot more to offer than just technical stuff to the forum readers. And general questions will always be answered here. Don't feel like if you have a question about your bike that you can't just post it in the general or off topic. We'll watch out for ya. Again welcome and post up a picture when you get a chance.......of the bike....not of you....unless you look like this....LOL

Old 02-19-2010, 07:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Starting to like this place already

I surely don't look like that so when I can I will get some pictures of the bike. Just wish the weather would cooperate a little more then it's scheduled to.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Chi town isnt having the best weather from what I hear, but then again noone is right now. Hope it clears up soon, not that it helps me much, too far from my bike

Not too many connie riders here, but other than the electronics and the shaft drive, the ZX riders can help you with any problems you have. Welcome to KF, and get those pics up bruddah!

Old 02-19-2010, 06:43 PM
1st Gear Member

We are having one of the wettest February's on record. Normal snowfall is .2" for Feb, we are already at 15" and scheduled for a large storm Sunday into Monday. As long as March/April are semi warm and dry I'll be happy.

Thanks for the warm welcome and it's good to know that the bike is similar to the ZX but I was hoping to find some more cost effective frame sliders for the connie. My co-worker who own's a ZX couldn't believe the main set was $300 shipped.

Jeremy

Old 02-19-2010, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

WOW $300??

Unfortunately mass production brings down costs, and there isnt much demand for sliders on the Connie. (I sat on one today BTW. nice ride, but feels bigger than it is) Maybe Whitehendrix could fab something for you...if he ever shows up.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:48 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Isn't that your daughter deej?

Good luck with the connie. I have not looked into sliders for that ride. but it just seems like an uncommon want for having sliders on a connie. Good luck

Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I just figured with so many expensive plastics sliders would have been something fairly easy to find as well as affordable. Anyhow I got a new toy today.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice ride Mr. Honda, now you just need the snow to melt and do a lap around the lake! I have seen some connies up on the insurance auction sites and from what I could tell the sliders wouldnt help too much, like you said there is alot of plastic, it might help in a tip but if you go down your probably better off using that $300 to get better coverage. It is an awful lot of plastic to replace even if the sliders do their job.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Prom
Nice ride Mr. Honda, now you just need the snow to melt and do a lap around the lake! I have seen some connies up on the insurance auction sites and from what I could tell the sliders wouldnt help too much, like you said there is alot of plastic, it might help in a tip but if you go down your probably better off using that $300 to get better coverage. It is an awful lot of plastic to replace even if the sliders do their job.
More worried about a parking lot tip than going down although I get what you are saying, $300 towards better gear is never a bad idea. Definitely don't have any insurance issues, my agent/insurer loves me.

I took the bike out today, rode about 2 miles and stopped in to see my wife at work only to notice they never put my temporary tag on.

One question, do Kawi bikes come with a Key Code normally? I know with most bikes and cars in general you get the key code when you purchase it and are told to put it somewhere safe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Man it's quiet here