Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Classic Touring Bikes (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/classic-touring-bikes-80/)
-   -   nobody in the tech section wants to give advice so i'll just ask here. (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/classic-touring-bikes-80/nobody-tech-section-wants-give-advice-so-ill-just-ask-here-18921/)

bounty1031 02-07-2008 02:46 AM

nobody in the tech section wants to give advice so i'll just ask here.

im rebuilding a 1978 kz 750 anybody know what parts HAVE to be put back on to make it run? because im trying to make it as basic and simple as possible.

Dragone#19 02-07-2008 03:16 AM

RE: nobody in the tech section wants to give advice so i'll just ask here.

Of course you are going to need the basics, ie engine, carbs and electrical. How basic are you planning on?

Prom 02-07-2008 03:52 AM

As I recall on the 750 there isnt much there that doesnt have a purpose, I think you would be better off with a list of stuff you dont need rather than a list of what you do

markmeinteil 02-07-2008 06:20 AM

1+

We need specifics!

The smartest move would be to buy a repair manual. The manual will cover everything on the bike, so you won't have to guess what you need.

bounty1031 02-07-2008 10:32 PM

when i say basic i mean, i only am putting the speedo. back on for my gauges. no extras are gonna be on it just speedo, taillight, headlight. the ignition no longer has a key or a switch so its getting put to a master kill switch and push button, i need to know what part of the electrical i am going to need to keep i know i have to keep the ignitor but what else?

Prom 02-07-2008 11:09 PM

gotta keep the lights for it to be street legal, and whatever runs to the ignition andcharging systems, anything else you probably dont need but I cant think of anything that doesnt fit in those categories.

Dragone#19 02-08-2008 04:01 AM

ORIGINAL: bounty1031

when i say basic i mean, i only am putting the speedo. back on for my gauges. no extras are gonna be on it just speedo, taillight, headlight. the ignition no longer has a key or a switch so its getting put to a master kill switch and push button, i need to know what part of the electrical i am going to need to keep i know i have to keep the ignitor but what else?
Sounds like a good plan. But since you need the blinker switch, the horn switch, to meet most state regs, I am thinking that you may have stripped the ol gal far enough.

eldiablo699 07-16-2008 09:41 PM

81' LTD 750. kind of a stupid question but, I wanted to replace my mirrors, Is there a certain mirror size for this bike or is it a 10mm regular screw in? Because I saw some 8mm mirrors for sale somewhere and got a little confused.