Rear fender eliminator

Old 04-19-2008, 04:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Rear fender eliminator

Looking for advice on a rear fender eliminator. I've located several brands, but I'm unsure of which to choose. I want to retainthe stock turn signals, and if possible, the stock side reflectors. I'm a bit uneasy with hacking the rear fender for installation, but I see no other choice. Incidently, the bike is a 2008 ZZR600 in black. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance for any comments or links.

Jay

Old 04-22-2008, 05:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Rear fender eliminator

No experience yet but I'm looking into chopping that BIG MUD FLAP off... I thought this is a "street bike" why a mud flap?!?!?!?!?! Anywho if this is your first bike you'll soon learn the only way to learn is to just look at it... decide what you want... plan it out best as possible... and dive in head first hoping you don't incounter any problems too big to correct for. And as for keeping most of your stock stuff. I'd suggest just trimming off the bottom part and seeing if you like it because if you're going to replace it you'll have to cut it farther under your seat anyway. Correct me if I"m wrong guys but i think on many of them you cut just behind where the battery is held. Good luck brother.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I just cut the plastic off where it meets the battery box, then I made the plate mounts myself.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:12 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I can't answer your question, but I just wanted to say hello Jay.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

you just heard the word mudflap and got jealous
ORIGINAL: deej

I can't answer your question, but I just wanted to say hello Jay.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

No not jealous, I already have a set on the front fender.[8D]

Old 04-23-2008, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Hi, Deej. I ordered a Competion Werkes rear fender eliminator directly from them. It should arrive on Friday. Looks like a "fun" Saturday project. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'll post some pics after completion.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, I spent ALL of Saturday morning installing the fender eliminator. To be honest, I thought the cutting process was going to be the most difficult...it wasn't. Trying to understand the instructions took me the most time. Hands down, the poorest instructions I have ever had the PLEASURE of reading. I finally decided to stop trying to understand them, and strategically put the kit together. Well worth the effort. The tail end of the bike looks like it should have from the start. I really believe the designers of the bike had that intention, and some pencil pushing aristocrat said it needed a "mud flap". I will post some pics as time permits.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:25 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: N3WWL

Well, I spent ALL of Saturday morning installing the fender eliminator. To be honest, I thought the cutting process was going to be the most difficult...it wasn't. Trying to understand the instructions took me the most time. Hands down, the poorest instructions I have ever had the PLEASURE of reading. I finally decided to stop trying to understand them, and strategically put the kit together. Well worth the effort. The tail end of the bike looks like it should have from the start. I really believe the designers of the bike had that intention, and some pencil pushing aristocrat said it needed a "mud flap". I will post some pics as time permits.
Show off the handy work already will ya (just playing), but seriously i'd really like to see the finished product when you get a chance.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Jeez,I forgot to post some pics[8D].....coming shortly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear fender eliminator