Paint vs. LineX

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Paint vs. LineX

WELL I JUST GOT MY BikE NAKED ('05 ZZR600 SAME AS '02-OLDER ZX-6R) AND I'M IN THE PROCESS OF DECIDING WHETHER I SHOULD GET IT REPAINTED OR HAVE LINE X COVER THE PLASTICS AND TANK. I'VE LOOKED INTO IT AND THE GUYS THAT DO IT SAID THEY CAN PUTANY DESIGN OR COLOR COMBOS THAT I WOULD WANT I THINKBUTI WILL MISS THAT GORGEOUS BLUE SHINE THAT I HAVE AFTER A WASH. Sorry bout that caps, just relized. And I thought i would see if there are any thoughts. Just FYI I have to get it painted b/c last fall I was parked on cobble stone and as I stood next to it I saw it fall over in slow motion as i reached out for it... sorry had to get the tears out of my eyes.SoI have to do some body work if itIpaint it but I can do that myself and a friend of mine will paint it for the cost of paint which make the two about the same price. I shouldn't have to do any body work if I lineX it. Here's a link to some of theodd stuff they've done http://www.linexpics.com/gallery_view.php?ID=34. I don't think I'd do allblack and the lineX guy said white or light colors wouldn't work very well.
ON a side note apon dismantaling I found that two of my head light brackets are brooken so if anyone has the headlights or knows where to get one @ a decent pricethat would be appriciated. THX

So whata y'all think?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Paint vs. LineX

That looks heavy. Much moreso than paint.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:58 PM
1st Gear Member

linex basic is a layer of plastic that is sprayed on - it is a lot more durable than the stock plastics and would basicly just be taking the shape of the stock plastics. the main benefit is its TOUGH - if it fell over again it would hold the plastics together and probably not eveb get scratched.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:00 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah the line-x looks heavy as hell and not aero dynamic, i think it would look cool though, good luck

Old 03-12-2008, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

texture that small tends to have almost no affect on aerodynamics at the speeds we travel on the ground.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member

the other thing with line x is that it would (i think) tear apart your clothes, and KB is probably right about the aero thing, you have have to agree that it would increase drag.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

the texture is non-slip but its usually fairly smooth though it may wear on leathers after a while, a tank pad should take care of most of that if he line-x ed the tank also

Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ONly one way to find out...

Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

see comment in OTHER THREAD

Old 03-13-2008, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

I do have a tank pad so that would be a problem but when I went into the LineX store to talk to "Kevin" he said that they texture it from cutting your skin if you ran it acrossed the surface to just being "bumpy" but not abbrasive. He also said that if I frequently wash and take care of it that it would "soften" up slightly. and as for the the weight yes the stuff is extremly BA, tuff, and seemingly indistructable but it isn't very heavy, suprisingly. I don't know if i can make a vote but I'd like to hold a poll if that's possible to see what everyone thinks and ZZRick you're right the bottom line is that "there's only one way to find out." thanks for all the input all.

Quick Reply: Paint vs. LineX