Need help with this Undertail kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Default Need help with this Undertail kit

Hey Guys, First off, I am a brand new zzr owner. Just bought me a new 07' zzr in red which brings me to the topic of this thread. I am looking for an undertail kit for my new ride. I found this on ebay Undertail KIT

and he states the color is Candy apple red. My question is, have any of you ever bought this kit from this seller and if so, is this the same color red as the factory red in the 07 models??? I tried asking this seller a question but it's been 2 days and no answer. Just seeing if anyone can confirm if this is the same red as the factory 07 models. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Default RE: Need help with this Undertail kit

I have researched PIT-ECK parts and found others were not pleased with the quality or fit. That said I have never seen them in person, but it was enough to dissuade me from buying. YMMV

Old 07-13-2008, 12:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't trust it. Check out these guys (you'll have to get it painted, but that won't be too difficult or expensive)

http://www.1tail.com/sa/cart/detail....BFC69FA8E9F%7D

There's somebody on here who has this on his ZZR. You might want to talk to him about it. It's somewhere here in the ZZR section that he posted about it. IIRC, he had no problems with his. It also looks a helluva lot better than that PitEck undertail.

Old 07-13-2008, 01:05 PM

Thanks alot for the responses guys. Your feedbacks were very helpful. I think I'll be going with the 1tail kit. Looks awesome, and yea I'm sure I can find a good body shop around here to get it matched / painted.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the undertail the was shown on 1tail.com except i purchased it direct from rumble. You can either buy it unpainted or painted, painted will cost you more but you wont have to mount your signals and tail lights. wasnt difficult to install at all, and so far ive been thoroughly pleased with it, hope that helps.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:26 PM

Yea I went to the Rumble website, but couldn't find the zzr model there. Do you have a link handy?

Old 07-13-2008, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Here's the link http://rumble-store.com/store/rumble...08-p-1789.html

I would also advise you to call or email them if you plan to buy one pre painted because i dont think they update thier website often (when i bought mine all but unpainted were listed as "out of stock" but infact several various colors were in stock) and probably doesnt represent what they have on hand.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, that's the one that I'm going to go with. On a side note, it shows that they have Ocean Blue Metallic. I'm hoping they have them in Candy Plasma Blue and just don't have it listed on the site.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 PM

Thanks CT, I love the look of this one. Can't wait to get it!!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:56 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

Yeah, that's the one that I'm going to go with. On a side note, it shows that they have Ocean Blue Metallic. I'm hoping they have them in Candy Plasma Blue and just don't have it listed on the site.
...because ocean blue mett. is better

(Spelling edit)

Quick Reply: Need help with this Undertail kit