Laid the bike down

Old 10-09-2006, 01:17 AM
Default Laid the bike down

Some old lady pulled out in front of me today. I had to hit the brakes hard and I hit the front brake a little bit too hard and ended up doing an endo. The bike went down on the side with me under it and I need a new left front blinker, and a new clutch lever. I really just need to know what parts are compatible with my zzr 600 so I know where to look to replace it.

I'm all good, got a tiny bit of road rash on my left ankle, a pretty banged up left knee, and my left side hurts a tiny bit from where the bike landed on me.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:15 AM
Default RE: Laid the bike down

man that sucks man... sorry to hear about your bike but glad to hear you are alright....you could always try ebay for parts

Old 10-09-2006, 09:06 AM
1st Gear Member

4 sure bro good thing you are ok could have been worse... and yeah ebay.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Maybe you should get her a coupon for cataract surgery, I swear there are a lot of people that shouldn't be driving. Don't want to sound insensitive about people getting old, I mean driving is the last freedom to be taken away, but too many blue hairs are still driving. One day they are driving and the next day their in a nursing home, hmmmmm makes you think.[:@][&:]

Old 10-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: deej

Maybe you should get her a coupon for cataract surgery, I swear there are a lot of people that shouldn't be driving. Don't want to sound insensitive about people getting old, I mean driving is the last freedom to be taken away, but too many blue hairs are still driving. One day they are driving and the next day their in a nursing home, hmmmmm makes you think.[:@][&:]
oh so true, just like the guy back in 03 who mistook the brake fro the gas in Santa Monica killed like 10 people.
He is being sentenced this week I believe, he is 84 now and in a wheel chair. Sad for everyone in this accident, even him any sentence is a life sentence for him.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i almost got hit yesterday on my bike, was in the fast lane a car length behind the car in front of me and when the car in front passed a car in the slow lane he came over, glad i have quick reactions.... downshifted and swerved to avoid being hit, got real close to the jersey barrier... but it was all good... scared the **** out of me.. i dont know how they didnt hear me, was going like 50 mph and up around 6-7k rpms... and my pipe is loud.... damn people...

Old 10-09-2006, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

i almost got hit yesterday on my bike, was in the fast lane a car length behind the car in front of me and when the car in front passed a car in the slow lane he came over, glad i have quick reactions.... downshifted and swerved to avoid being hit, got real close to the jersey barrier... but it was all good... scared the **** out of me.. i dont know how they didnt hear me, was going like 50 mph and up around 6-7k rpms... and my pipe is loud.... damn people...

What's wrong with that statement? Hint: in the fast lane a car length behind the car in front of me. One thousand one, one thousand two, and just to be sure, one thousand three.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

not sure where your going deej but the first thing I thought of was, forget the downshift just brake it takes less time to slow you down and avoid a possible hazard.

And for those who are still thinking, while braking and avoiding the hazard you can downshift to the proper gear so when you stop braking you can continue as quickly as possible to avoid any danger from the rear.

And don't forget to smash there mirror as you ride by [>:]

Old 10-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

What's wrong with that statement? Hint: in the fast lane a car length behind the car in front of me. One thousand one, one thousand two, and just to be sure, one thousand three.
Ahh got it, 3 second rule.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh ok I was just about to flame you, what part of 50 mph and 1 car length behind is hard to understand? I give cars 5 seconds, the more distance the less trouble you are going to get into. JMO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Laid the bike down