Heli bars installed on ZZR

Old 09-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Default Heli bars installed on ZZR

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...liday/zzzr.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...liday/zzr1.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...liday/zzr4.jpg

I installed these on my ZZR 600. The bars are made well and the install took about 2 hours.
They take the pressure off the wrists and work great on the bike!
They raise your bars up an inch and a half and it makes a huge difference.
http://www.helibars.com/

Old 10-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Default RE: Heli bars installed on ZZR

Which bars did you buy? The set for the 00-02 ZX6R? Didnt see anything listed for the ZZR.

Thanks,
CrioGeniC

Old 10-06-2007, 03:33 PM

Yes.
These are the ones that fit my 2007 ZZR 600.
http://www.helibars.com/proddetail.php?prod=HB4009b

Old 10-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Looks nice as usual from helibars. Spendy little buggers though! Being comfy on your ride makes a huge difference.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19
Looks nice as usual from helibars. Spendy little buggers though! Being comfy on your ride makes a huge difference.
Only $106 bucks per side.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

lol, if and when I feel that I need a set, I will just machine me up some. wow

Old 04-10-2008, 03:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I just purchased a 2008 ZZR600 in black. I haven't ridden a sports bike since my Ninja 750RR back in 1987. The ZZR is nice, but I'm afraid the extra pounds and added years are adding to my discomfort. I ordered a set of HeliBars direct from the manufacturer. They now list them for the ZZR600, although I believe they are identical to the '00-'02 ZX6. I hope the added 1.5 inches in height, .5 inches rearward, and .5 inches outward make a considerable difference. If not, I guess I'm just going to have to go on a diet, and work out to bring my size down to my youth.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member

never a better reason to get into shape than to improve your riding enjoyment. ok so maybe there are better reasons, but tis still a good one.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Received my HeliBars yesterday. Easy installation as long as you take your time. The directions were poor, so I thought a post for those wanting to install these would make it easier.. I started with the throttle side. Remove the bar end weight, loosen the starter pod and brake lever. No need to completely remove these. Also, remove the master cylinder retaining screw as it faces you. This allows for free movement. Once all controls are loose, remove the windshield for easier access to the bar stick cap screw. It's rather tight as they use Loctite from the factory. Once the cap screw is removed, simply slide it out of the riser. The throttle grip is part of the throttle assembly and does not require removal. The throttle assembly just slides right off. The bar stick can then be slid completely out of the controls. The installation process is just the reversal of removal. Use Loctite for the cap screw when reinstalling, and torque to 25 ft./lbs. The left side is the same, except for removal of the hand grip. If you want to reuse the original one, simply use a long, thin, flat head screw driver to insert between the grip and the bar and work it around a bit. I used a can of spray silicone with a long wand to squirt inside. The grip came right off. Be sure to thoroughly clean the inside of the grip with rubbing alcohol to remove any silicone residue. You can use hair spray, or grip glue to reinstall to make sure the grip does not move. The entire process took me around an hour. Now, if it would only stop raining so I can try them out.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:14 PM

I would ad to cover your gas tank with a pad or blanket to prevent any accidental damage to it.
I chose to replace the stock grips with better quality softer ones made for dirt bikes.
Sounds like which ever way one goes about it that the results will be the same,a much nicer ride without the pain from pressure on the wrists.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heli bars installed on ZZR