Another one bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Another one bites the dust

So, it was about 36 here this morning, and supposed to be 64 this afternoon, what a nice day to ride!
Well, after riding a couple of miles I get to a busy intersection near the middle of town. Go to make a right turn, and low sided big time! Mid-way throught the turn (yeah, you guessed it) back end comes out and tossed me off like a booger! Happened so fast, in the blink of an eye, next thing I knew I was on my back in the street looking at the headlights. First thing I did was get up, cars were comming, and get out of the street. I seemed to be fine. My first thought was "stupid! You just wadded up an awesome bike!" Right side took a bit of dammage, mirrors, turnsignal, fairings, folded yoshi pipe, bent and now loose right side clip on. And the choke lever got ripped out when I got spit out.
I shouldn't be too suprised at this, but nobody stopped. After a few minutes someone finaly did, and helped me move the bike the rest of the way out of the right lane.
This whole thing was a mistake on my part. I know too good and well about cold tires. I've broken it loose a few times before, but was able to recover it before it got too ugly. This time, it happened faster than a blink of an eye. I've read this and heard this and it's always in the back of my head every time I get ready to go out.
If you ride a motorcycle YOU WILL go down at some point. If you haven't yet, you will.
Well, I've had a few times where I should have gone down, a couple of times it would have been nasty too, but I made it. Well, this time the luck ran out, and the stupidity won.
Now, if you've been fortunate enough not to lay it out, a piece of advise, wear you riding gear!
My Icon strong arm jacket laughed at this accident, and so did the super duty gloves! Hardly a mark on them!
My work pants have a little hole in them on the right knee, no biggie though. I usualy wear either my Oxtar evo boots or smx-4 boots when I ride, but not to work though (that may change though).
Now, for me, scraped up knees, a sore back, sore left armand a severly damaged ego! I think I was pretty damn lucky! Learn from my mistake................................

When I limped the bike back to my place and put her away, I couldn't help but look at it shake my head and say "I am so sorry .

Old 02-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Another one bites the dust

awww man that sux[&o]glad your ok and here to tell about it man! gear rocks!!

Old 02-26-2008, 02:54 AM
1st Gear Member

That sucks man, glad you're alright though

Old 02-26-2008, 03:50 AM
1st Gear Member

That's a bummer. Happens to the best of us. Props for wearing all your gear. Glad your ok!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Thank you for the replies! Good riding gear is so important! If it wasn't for the jacket and gloves, I'm sure some skin would be missing off my right arm. But, I did and up on my back when I stopped sliding. I had four cans of Mountain dew in my back pack, and they didn't explode! When it get's super hot during the summer, wear a good mesh jacket!
My back is pretty stiff, but I'm still pissed that I messed up the bike! I'm going to see (weather permitting) about getting it to the shop after work today. Gotta get my baby fixed!!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
1st Gear Member

sad day - doesn't sound too bad though.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on keep us posted on the progress!
ORIGINAL: BLKPEARL

Thank you for the replies! Good riding gear is so important! If it wasn't for the jacket and gloves, I'm sure some skin would be missing off my right arm. But, I did and up on my back when I stopped sliding. I had four cans of Mountain dew in my back pack, and they didn't explode! When it get's super hot during the summer, wear a good mesh jacket!
My back is pretty stiff, but I'm still pissed that I messed up the bike! I'm going to see (weather permitting) about getting it to the shop after work today. Gotta get my baby fixed!!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm going to try to get some pictures of the damage after work, then bring it in. Did find some interestion fairings on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWAS...em250218365031
But, their in hong kong, and who knows about the quality and fit and finish...........
Would be a neat transformation for the bike from the crash. From black to something....louder.
I don't know about that stuff though...........

Old 02-26-2008, 07:17 PM
1st Gear Member

those are sweet

Old 02-26-2008, 09:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I see that fairing set on ebay all the time and wonder too how good the material is. Can you buy it and let me know?

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust