Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Harley trying to pass me

Old 08-16-2015, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Harley trying to pass me

I don't have anything against Harley's, I have one myself cause wife hates and won't ride on my Ninja, which is fine to. love taking Ninja out anytime I can. anyway took Ninja out last night, just riding,enjoying night. corner of my eye I see a guy on a cruiser (Harley), here he comes, I actually know him, nothing but crap comes out of his mouth and he's not a very good rider. figure he's wanting to show off his new bike, but I didn't want to hear it just wanted to ride. I'm going about 30-35(speed limit) figure I'll double it and get rid of em. well ended up a little more than that was at 110 when I got to end of road that had a minor curve and then went straight for awhile again. when i got to where i could go straight he was a few bike lengths back(3-4) no one in front of me so I just opened it up,after165 (fastest I've ever had it) didn't see him anymore. later he texts me, I'm the jerk,i could've killed him. What!!!! you were the one on my a$$, I didn't tell you to speed up,never waived for you to c'mon lets race or anything. never heard anything back from him so hopefully next time he just goes the other way

Old 08-16-2015, 06:29 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hmm, a buck 65 is stupid riding on the streets in itself.
If you did not care for that individual, give him a thumbs up and allow him to try to kill himself on his own almost like he did while trying to maintain his composure in your story.
Stay safe and enjoy the ride time.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I know,your right,really was stupid of me to do that. I took the bait and was very lucky. afterwards I did tell myself, ok no more, I should have just did what ya said and had him go by. If I really wanna go that fast there is better places to.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Live and Learn. You were able to do both. Congrats
What ride are ya sportin"? 600cc?

edit; looked into your profile. Nice ride

Old 08-16-2015, 07:28 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks, wanna keep it the living though. its a 2005 Ninja zx6r, guy I bought it from had it bored out a size bigger, new exhaust, k&n air filter, pretty much all new upgraded everything on it, gave me all the receipts and I know of the guy that did all the work on it,he's really good,mostly builds race bikes. But he's been having health problems and I don't really wanna bug him. I'm not sure about this, but guy I bought it from said it's been put on a computer and programmed for his weight, and size, is that true, another reason wanted to talk to who built it. guy I bought from was about 25-30 pounds and couple inches taller than me so didn't think it would matter to much. other than my stupid lapse in judgement, I don't go racing around, I'll go on a good road with nobody around and open it up some but thats about it. I didn't really think I needed to go messing with it, plenty fast for me. and would like to keep it one piece,and myself

Old 08-16-2015, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

i was wrong on speed to, 156, not 165. which isn't much better,still shouldn't of been doing that there

Old 08-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

but guy I bought it from said it's been put on a computer and programmed for his weight, and size, is that true, another reason wanted to talk to who built it. guy I bought from was about 25-30 pounds and couple inches taller than me so didn't think it would matter to much. other than my stupid lapse in judgement,
I would have thought the guy that you bought it from would have helped you set up the sag for your wt. Not sure on the computer thing. What sag are you running now that you have some miles on the new ride? Race suspension since you mentioned that the builder built race bikes? or modified stock suspension?

Old 08-16-2015, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry, chasing dog around. I don't think guy knew to much more than me about bike. said his girlfriend hated it and said it was either bike or her, so I got it at a great price. this is my 1st sportbike so I'm still pretty new to terms, have had it for about 1year 1/2. rode bikes pretty much all my life, have dirt,4 wheeler, and Harley. I think the suspension is modified stock,when I look at other stock Ninja's like mine there's some similarities but not totally the same. when I get on the bike it drops maybe an inch or so,not to much. thanks on checking bike out, I try keeping everything I have in good working order and nice and clean

Old 08-16-2015, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

it kinda seems to me like its somewhere in between a regular zx6r and race bike, not fully modified into race cause still some stock things I believe, but more get up and go than normal

Old 08-16-2015, 11:17 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

A stock '05 6R has more get up and go than what most people are used to. A great ride.

Have you checked out some of the other forums out there? Some good reads on this ride. (All and any info is a good thing) Not pushing you out to other sites.
You will find that the internals like you mentioned are modded. For another wt. Easy enough to get that setup for you though.

Race Tech, Traxxion Dynamics are both great companies to ask questions to. ( I use the race tech emulators on the zx7 with fox twin clicker, but run the Traxxion Dynamics AK20's on the 10R with Penske triple rears and the cartridge setup on the 6RR.) Good stuff, just operator oldness, both companies know their stuff.

Basically, get the sag setup for you and with full gear. Have your favorite girl friend do the suspension measurements as you take photos. You have my email right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley trying to pass me