Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

You guys told me it would happen sooner or later.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:09 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: You guys told me it would happen sooner or later.

Too bad on the off deej. Glad that the aches are not too bad.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:19 PM

Deej,

Been moving and just read your thread. Sorry you had to get off but at least you are sleeping in your own bed and not a hospitals, thats good!
If you are going to ride in ice, you need to get some of those spiked ice racer tires.

Glad you are OK..............Rocketman

Old 12-14-2007, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: pipedown

Glad to hear you doing OK. I am curious? is your bike the only transportation you have? why dont you just drive the cage when the weather is like this? Ya! you got damm lucky not bent or broken pegs, brake or clutch handles. Damm Lucky!!!
No I could drive this:

But as someone on the forum pointed out, its kind of dumb driving a huge truck 2 miles to the office, and so I take the bike every day I can, but I suppose I will start plugging in the truck so its all nice and warm when I start it in the frozen temps. I hate driving my truck to work for two reasons, which are really one reason, its too expensive. When a diesel is cold, it gets close to half the MPG. My truck isn't even warm when I pull in to the parking lot at work. The other reason is I just filled up the truck, $120.00 and the longer I leave it in the driveway, the cheaper it is.
O I C

well put this into perspective, I dont have the weather you do but I live 1.3 miles from my shop! I dont ride my bike during the week for the most part. too dangerous! I was in a really, REALLY bad accident last year and I gave up riding on the street! You cant let your truck warm up a little in the drive way? thats what I do. I understand your situation but I think to myself about your sitaution and granted I wasnt there and I dont know the surroundings but it could have been worse I suppose? perhaps you could have slid into oncomming traffic or into a blunt object? not to mention bodily harm. It might be a $120.00 to fill the truck up but should something happen like your get off again? IMHO ( again I have no idea what the surroundings are like) I'll take a burned wallet over a broken bike or body part anyday.

It's easy for me to say only because people here are fuggin douche blossoms behind the wheel!

Plus I have seen the light! and I was brought back!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks Piedown, duly noted. I hear you on the money versus bodily harm. I am even more sore today than the second day. Normally when its is frozen out here the roads are absolutely bone dry, and I ride to work cornering as if its the middle of summer, but from now on I'll be more careful. Oh and if I plug the truck inI don't have to wait for it to warm up, the block is heated and the defrost is warm from the get go. Its all good, and a good reminder that I am not as good and I thought I was in my own mind anyway.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej
good reminder that I am not as good and I thought I was in my own mind anyway.
very important reminder that hits home here

...........................................but my wife reminds me of this all the time[8D]

Old 12-14-2007, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Wives are good for that, sometimes we need to stay grounded.

What about the girl riders? Are they in greater danger, because we know their men are genetically unable to provide good advice.