Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Yellowstone!!!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Yellowstone!!!

Leaving on Friday the 3rd through the 10th for Yellowstone. Below is a link to a slideshow that will have new content uploaded at least once a day. This was the best I could do on short notice. See if you monkeys can behave while I'm gone.

This is my slide show

Yellowstone Ride Report Link

This is my cousin's blog report and pictures link.

http://james7779.blogspot.com/

Here are his pictures
https://plus.google.com/photos/10513...CN7s9aax-_iEYg

Last edited by deej; 08-13-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 PM
1st Gear Member

We like pics. Looking forward to seeing some from your trip. Have a great time. So, you're going through Hell's Canyon and then to Yellowstone. Will you be coming through Boise, or taking the back twisty roads?

Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the route on my GPS but to be honest I haven't really looked close at it. Hey everyone, if you click on that link say on day 2 or 3 and so on, you can use the thumbnail bar at the bottom of the page to skip to new pictures, or review older ones. I'll leave the mumbo Jumbo up to you. LOL I'll see if I can get the route in here.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Here it is.

Name:  Untitled-15.png
Views: 8
Size:  658.7 KB

Old 07-30-2012, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like the pictures start with the most recent each time, that's cool. Ok as you were. LOL

Old 07-30-2012, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Your map shows you'll miss Boise but maybe hit Nampa or Caldwell to the west. And there's a little house symbol there. If'n you want to meet up for dinner or something on your way through, let me know.

If you have the time and interest, ride the loop around Craters of the Moon between Carey and Arco. That's some interesting landscape from lave flows and cinder cones only a few thousand years old.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Your map shows you'll miss Boise but maybe hit Nampa or Caldwell to the west. And there's a little house symbol there. If'n you want to meet up for dinner or something on your way through, let me know.

If you have the time and interest, ride the loop around Craters of the Moon between Carey and Arco. That's some interesting landscape from lave flows and cinder cones only a few thousand years old.
Actually it's my cousin who made the route. We won't have time for detours. But thanks for the invite
Man!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Bump test.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Just testing to see if the Iphone reply would bump it to the top and it did. So there's that. LOL

Old 07-31-2012, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I might delete the pictures and start fresh when I leave Friday, not sure, I'll play that by ear. Where did that expression come from? Hmmmm

In common life, "playing it by ear" is just following a plan which is continuously modified by whatever situations evolve.

Also

The phrase “let’s play it by ear” is used when someone wants to basically say “let’s not make any concrete plans – instead, let’s just see how things turn out and then we will decide what to do.” The phrase is used when talking about future plans, so it’s always referencing the future.

The phrase comes from music – for instance, when playing the piano, if you want to play something without looking at the sheet music in front of you, you would “play it by ear”. Basically, you are reproducing a song that you have already heard on the piano. So, you are just going figuring out what to play as you go along.

Hahahaha Thread jacking my own thread.....good times!!! Can you tell I'm getting close to leaving? Friday could not get here fast enough.

Ok now I know.

Search this Thread