Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Yeh I know its been awhile... but I need some feedback here folks

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:02 AM
1st Gear Member

In the words of Will Ferrell on Stepbrothers to his mother: "Mom, I swear, as soon as you are old enough. I am putting you in a nursing home!" hahahahahaha

Nah, when granny passes I am moving. We are going to all have to move anyways. When this oil spill hits we won't be able to breathe the air without respirators.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Get the professional help, especially if it's covered already. Caring for people that can't care for themselves at that level is hard. Very hard. You can do it for a little while, but to do that long term would be a big job and I think you are right, after a while only a saint wouldn't begin to resent it. Family should do anything for each other in a pinch. But if help is available, by all means take it.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Your mom should suck up her pride and do what is best for the family you know thats what your Gma would want.
It's a long story and I type way too slow; This hits very close to home for me.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

mmm I'm a bit inclined to say in relation to the bodily fluids bit suck it up princess and deal with it. We all have bodily fluids and it's a part of life, if you do have children you will be dealing with the same fluids. Yeah I know it's a bit gross but life can be gross.

On the other side of things it is not your responsibility to be your grandmothers sole carer, you have a full time job as well as your studies you don't have the time to be a full time carer as well. It won't do your own well being any good either.

Remember even though your family might be dropping this on you it is your choice to accept it or not.

Good luck

Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Aus, I will NEVER have children. I have been after my doctor for awhile now to take my organs out because I have a severe dislike for children. They annoy me and I do not want the permanent financial commitment and lifestyle change associated with kids. So no. I will go with out getting any before I risk having an alien grow in my stomach. That crap is just gross. BLEH! And WTH is it with all the freaking fluids in you when you have the kid? I am gagging typing this because it grosses me out that something that big can pass through your vag. That isnt normal! Guys can talk all the crap about kids they want but they arent having to squeeze one through their butt cheeks nor have the pains and body changes associated with that stuff. Imma have to pass on this one captain.

Thanks for the feedback guys. On a moral level, I could not leave my grandmother by herself. I love her too much for that. She has her spells where she goes in and out of a sound mind and yesterday when I was there she grabbed on to my hand and didn't want to let it go. She was remembering me as a baby and was talking to me like I was still younger. I can see the despair and fear in her eyes because she does not want to leave us yet. We have to remind her that the Lord will bring her home when he gets ready for her and that when he does she can see paw paw, uncle gary, and big mama (I know, country names but my family is full of rednecks that grew up in the country!).

But yeah, I agree with you guys that mom needs to let her pride step aside and let a 3rd party handle the ho****e duties. I am 100% for supervised ho****e duties and would absolutely volunteer to supervise the caretaker during this process. These individuals are best qualified for the duties asked of them and are even trained additionally to include minor physical therapy sessions with the patient. If it were up to my mom my grandmother would lay in bed all day doped up. My uncle or I do not give her as much medicine and we make her stay moving around as much as possible.

Bottom line here is: mom is nucking futz and I will start talking to her again once all this passes. She is an a-hole to talk to now and snaps over stupid crap. She jumped my shhhhh one day because I didn't cook a pie at the right temp one day. How in the F was I supposed to know how to cook a pie??? I dont cook!?!?!?!?! She jumped at me yesterday because I got her a chickenfinger box instead of a snack. The difference is 2 chicken fingers and a dollar. I paid for it and she didn't have to eat it all. Whoopty freaking doooo!!

Mom is freaking retarted and needs to be on some tranquilizer to make her sleep for like a week. Maybe then she will wake up with a new tune in her voice. Dad even says he is over her crap because she jumps over stupid crap. I mean I know it's her mom and everything but damnniitt! She is the only one in the family who cant manage her sensitive pansy feelings and we have to suffer with her poor attitude because of it. I feel like I am in a daze talking to her because I just look at her and don't provide any feedback on what she says and nods my head. I know if any words come out of my mouth that she will find something to snap at me about.

Don't get me started about crap on my mom. I could go all day with the stupid crap that she says to me. Like have any of your mothers chastised you because of your college education??? She does it to me!! Dad and I get along great. We have a strictly business relationship and we only call to talk about important issues then get off the phone. Mom will call me to talk about a damn butterfly on the windshield of her truck. 1. I do not care about the freaking butterfly and 2. I don't have time nor the lack of brain power to carry on a conversation about a freaking butterfly!

ok ok .. off my soapbox rant now. Gday I am going to work now lol

Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, ya gotta love the patience required through this. Good luck

Old 06-03-2010, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

You go girl, we got you covered. *Z-Snap!*

Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chik636rydr
Aus, I will NEVER have children. That isnt normal!
I appreciate you don't want children and thats fine but guess what .... it is normal

Old 06-03-2010, 01:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Aus - I am sorry but if I told you your butt hole was supposed to stretch the size of a nerf football and would likely tear in the process, would you go along with it and say "yeahh its all gravy, we're good. Its natural." Heck no!!

Mine is going to maintain its delicate integrity.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Actually, maybe it's better you don't pass on your genes, Chiksta.

Quick Reply: Yeh I know its been awhile... but I need some feedback here folks