Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Wow a little extra RAM in an old PC Really Makes a Difference

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Wow a little extra RAM in an old PC Really Makes a Difference

lol.....my puter is smoking now....two gig of matched ram...and wooooom.

Luvin it.

What a difference, buy some ram...best $50 I spent this month. I was going to buy a new puter....not now, but 2 gigs has me maxed out, so I figure I'm good for at least a year...ya I'm cheap...but I need my speed.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:10 AM
1st Gear Member

I did the same thing to our thincentres at work last year. It made a big difference.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Sooo, true.....running XP and doing a disk cleanup with auto hard drive compression and I can still post and surf the web while she is doing it....amazing.

It's also way fast even with all that crap running...normally I would be just bogging.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:18 AM
1st Gear Member

It even sped norton up a little...that is an astonishing achievement

Norton is super fast on my laptop tho....WTF?

Old 11-26-2008, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Check out Avest instead of Norton, it's free and faster than than a mole on a sand flat.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Norton has blocked everything for me tho...so I a little afraid of leaving a good product behind. The whole "you get wgat you pay for"...you know? Although we do use open office at work, and it is a good free alternative to microsoft office. I am happy with the laptop I have. 2 years and it still screams, hope it lasts a little longer because I am gonna be really broke getting through pharm school.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zzrick
hope it lasts a little longer because I am gonna be really broke getting through pharm school.
pharm school..wow...you going to be a doctor technically.

Whats the best drug to quit smokin now??

Old 11-26-2008, 05:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I finished my last final at IWU last night. At UC I have to hit chem, org. chem, bio, micro bio, calc, and physics (lectures and labs) for a while, then I actually get to start pharm school officially. It sucks because i would have graduated wiht a business degree in the spring, but it is good because I can make a lot more money and I don't have to figure out what I want to do/work my way up like a business degree. As for the smoking thing, I am not sure. It seems that different things work better for different ppl. I like the gum personally, but I was a copenhagen guy, not a smoker. The new meds seem to work well too. You have to have a scrip tho.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I have to get to bed...later man.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zzrick
Yeah, I finished my last final at IWU last night. At UC I have to hit chem, org. chem, bio, micro bio, calc, and physics (lectures and labs) for a while, then I actually get to start pharm school officially. It sucks because i would have graduated wiht a business degree in the spring, but it is good because I can make a lot more money and I don't have to figure out what I want to do/work my way up like a business degree. As for the smoking thing, I am not sure. It seems that different things work better for different ppl. I like the gum personally, but I was a copenhagen guy, not a smoker. The new meds seem to work well too. You have to have a scrip tho.
Sooo my question for you is: what pill or pills by theirselves or in combination with other pills or alcohol are the best for fubaring your world up? I wanna know!

Quick Reply: Wow a little extra RAM in an old PC Really Makes a Difference