Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Worlok and the Ghost

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Worlok and the Ghost

Man, since the site has been repaired, I almost forgot that I can tell more stories. So here is one that really happened.........I think!

Well now, when I was 14, I didn't believe in ghosts. Not one bit. Lot’s of people in town believed the old log cabin back in the woods was haunted, but I just laughed whenever folks talked about it. Being a big muscular kid, I thought I was 10 foot tall and definitely bullet proof. Finally, Mr. Buck, the owner of the old store by my house dared me to spend the night in the haunted log cabin. He said that if I stayed there until dawn, he would give me free pop and gas for a whole week. I was delighted! I always needed gas for my old Kawasaki and pop was my favorite drink so I accepted the dare at once. I went home, rolled a couple of doobs, packed some snacks and cigs, and went right out to the log cabin to spend the night.
I went into the old log cabin, started a fire, lit a doob, and settled into a rickety old chair with a motorcycle magazine for about two hours. As I was reading, I heard a creaking sound. Looking up, I saw that a gnarled little creature with glowing red eyes had taken the seat beside me. It had a long, forked tail, big warts on its head, claws at the ends of its hands, and sharp teeth that poked right through its large lips. My first thought was, “ man , was that good doob or what? “
"There ain't nobody here tonight except you and me," the creature said. It had a voice like the hiss of flames. My heart nearly stopped with fright. I leapt to my feet.
"There ain't going to be nobody here but you in a minute," I told the gnarled creature. I leapt straight for the nearest exit - which happened to be the window - and hi-tailed it down the lane to where my bike was parked. I have never run so fast, and almost fell over on my bike trying to kick start it. I took off spinning in the gravels on the old trail but it wasn't long before I looked over and saw the creature and as he was catching up with me.
"You're making pretty good speed for a stoned little punk on a rough gravel road,"
"Oh, I can ride much faster than this," I told it.”, leaving the gnarled creature in the dust. As I flew down the crappy gravel road, the bike was jumping all over the place. Old Kaw LTD 1000’s were not made for the dirt, at all! The straight pipes on the bike were wailing like a banshee from hell. As I got near the old store, Mr. Buck came flying out of the store to see what was wrong.
I stopped in front of the store, and told the old man that he could keep his gas and pop, and if he was younger, I’d whoop his *** for talking me into going to that old cabin.
The old man started laughing maniacally and fell on the porch holding his sides to keep his stomach from hurting. I honestly thought he was going to have a heart attack from laughing.
Even though it was only 11 o’clock, and still early by my standards, I went home and watched TV with my mom. She asked me why I was home so early and all I could say was, mom, please don’t ask! She would have certainly taken me to the family doctor if I had told her what I had seen.
Now I am not going to tell you that this is a true story because I was stoned. But neither before nor after that night, smoking a doob, never made me see anything like that.
Two weeks later some of my friends wanted to go to the old cabin and spend the night, and of course, I told them to go right ahead but I was not going.
You should hear their story, and two of them wrecked their bikes on the old gravel road that night trying to get away from something, they couldn’t say what it was but did mention red eyes and warts
The end..