Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Why?

Old 03-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Pipe you woke up the bear......now what?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Alright Sroby, you have never ridden with me, so you do not have a clue how safe of unsafe I am. I am very careful with passengers, and when I go fast, I try to find the perfect road. Yes I like doing 200 mph, but I really don't have a desire to die. My problem is that nothing scares me. But I never hot rod with passengers!
But again, I have ridden many many miles 2 up, and have never had an incedent with a passenger.
So now you are putting out blanket statements with little or no knowledge of the truth. But that's OK cause I know that you are pissed off right now! It's all good man!
I seem to recall a thread you started where you stated that you pulled a wheelie with a female passenger on board. Was that unsafe? Let's just all admit that we are all unsafe from time to time and it is due to our free spirit in being bikers, and our willingness to overlook some danger, for the thrill of speed and hot rodding our bikes. That's a part of why we ride. If all we wanted was to get from point A to point B, then a moped would suffice now wouldn't it?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Hey Pipe you woke up the bear......now what?
heh, I got your bear.

ill bet you snowflake doesnt know the first thing to getting ready for two up riding.

9 out of 10 riders dont.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

alright ladies keep the insults down and lets have a clean disscussion here.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I hate riding 2-up it's too streesful in my opinion. I only do it for the pu-noni!

Old 03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

and thats a damn good reason to Omalley...lol
Originally Posted by OMalley912
I hate riding 2-up it's too streesful in my opinion. I only do it for the pu-noni!

Old 03-30-2009, 08:32 PM
1st Gear Member

what a bastid,, that guy outta fry

Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
I seem to recall a thread you started where you stated that you pulled a wheelie with a female passenger on board. Was that unsafe?
Yea it was, but I do seem to remember that srob posted that admiting he made a mistake and to remind everyone to be extra carefull and to learn from his mistake.

Moving on. If pipe doesn't want to carry passengers then fine with me, I don't really care either way. Its not going to change my mind any. I am very conservative when riding with a passenger and I take it very serioulsy. Example: not going as fast, keeping more of a distance between me and the car in front, watching my sides more closely. If you understand how your bike handles with the added weight and don't ride like an *** hat you will probably be ok.

I agree with snowflake 100% It is a big deal and shouldn't be taken lightly, but if the passenger is well briefed and understands what is going on and the risks then go out and have a good ride and enjoy the day.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Worlock - I was being facetious... relax. Note the smiley in the post. :P

All I have to go on is what you have posted in the past

Merdox - It is fine by me if he doesn't want passengers either - what isn't fine is making a mis-guided opinion and calling it a blanket fact without any foundation at all, and then prejudicial and belittling against people who merely make an inquiry as to its legitimacy. Those types are just way to easy to pick apart word by word, as you saw - to the point where there can't be a response.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by srobak
Worlock - I was being facetious... relax. Note the smiley in the post. :P

All I have to go on is what you have posted in the past

Merdox - It is fine by me if he doesn't want passengers either - what isn't fine is making a mis-guided opinion and calling it a blanket fact without any foundation at all, and then prejudicial and belittling against people who merely make an inquiry as to its legitimacy. Those types are just way to easy to pick apart word by word, as you saw - to the point where there can't be a response.
I agree with you all the way on this one!!!! The first part of my post was in refrence to what worlock said. the second was just my .02 cents on the topic if anyone actually cares.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why?